ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup v Ferrari F430 Spider Video...

VaVa
It's not working for me :(

I can't wait to send it to my mates. lol.

Never underestimate what these cars can do in the right hands!!

172, Tiguan
I see they've started putting cones on turn in as well on the concrete, just where you want to be! How annoying!

Nice Mark. :)

Lionel Richie
f**k going to bedford if they put cones out

(oh and if you want an instructor at Bedford please make sure you DON'T end up with a ginger c**t called nick mitchell!)

182cup & 172 racecar
f**k going to bedford if they put cones out

(oh and if you want an instructor at Bedford please make sure you DON'T end up with a ginger c**t called nick mitchell!)
He is alright with shopping trollys:lolup: DONT FORGET ME AND THE BIG V

Last edited:
  MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Just watched this?

How is it impressive?

The 430 is leaving him for dead on the straights. Any car can stay with a higher powered car with a few metres between the corners...

Its the straights that generally matter....

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
guid stuff mark. im sure that those dynamiqe alloys would have saved you 0.00001 sec lap time tho

:lolup:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Just watched this?

How is it impressive?

The 430 is leaving him for dead on the straights. Any car can stay with a higher powered car with a few metres between the corners...

What's impressive, if I might be so bold as to suggest, is that for almost one complete lap around Bedford's South West circuit, I remained glued to his ass.

So off he sped on the straights.

I'd have thought for my extra £120,000 outlay I'd get something a little quicker overall wouldn't you?

Either that or learnt how to drive :quiet:

Edit;

(joke BTW, he's an IAM member so of course he can drive)

He just happens to have lower personal limits on risk taking when driving on track than I do.

Last edited:
Just watched this?

How is it impressive?

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRICK.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Was it that guys car or was it one he had hired?

If I was in a 120,000 pound car id be a little tentative round the track - put it in the hands of someone with more experience an confidence and I think the clio would get wupped though.

Good driving though - you cant beat driving with/behind supercars. I remember going in convoy with a 360 in my VX with the roof down (until he got bored of me and handed me my arse).

182cup & 172 racecar
Believe me a clio takes some beating.On our cup series in Hungary we do 2 hill climbs,one is 4 1/2miles long the only cars that are quicker than us are the single seaters and that includes BMWm5s Mazdamx8 Porche911s.The single seaters are formula renaults/f3000

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Anybody can drive fast in a straight line

Yeah up to the performance that the car will allow.....ie 200+ in a supercar where the road allows or 135/140 in a 172/182 or 110 in pretty much every 1200/1400 on the market today...

Trying to claim that a 172 CUP can stay with an F430 is just silly. It didn't look like you were glued to his bumper by any means, even on the corners you could see him puling away. Whats the point of this?

The 430 or any other supercar just didn't have the distance between corners to make big gains, but he did on the straights and if there was an endless straight road he would be gone while the clio was maxing out at 140.....

By the same maths then a 1300 Moris minor should also be able to stick to the ass of a 172/182 around the same track or something with the same equal ratios.......:rolleyes:

Sorry but maybe I'm just being realistic...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If you watch the clip, and really listen to my throttle inputs, there were numerous times when I could have picked the throttle up earlier, but didn't through fear of getting to close to a car worth half the value of my house. There were certain turns where my exit speed was compromised beacuse I couldn't carry the extra 1-2mph in due to his slower entry.

I'm not claiming by any stretch of the imagination that a 172 Cup is quicker than an F430. But as Notorious said earlier in the thread, it's a combination of driver ability and vehicle performance that ultimately dictates pace around a track. On this day, I was pretty closely matched to this F430.

It was fun. I enjoyed it. I was buzzing afterwards. I thought I'd share it with everyone. That's it. I have no delusions of grandeur.

Plus, I thought it added a little weight to the validity of Evo's comparison of Trophy v M6...

Last edited:
  MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Mark,

It was a great drive! Sorry if I come across in disbelief! We all know when someone posts a claim that I stayed with an EVO, Ferrari etc on the road, it is normally shot down.

You clearly are an excellent driver and mayve this guy wasn't on full pace or wasn't as capable on a track as you.

Good effort.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Done lots of trackdays and pound for pound the Clio Cup is the best "practical" track car out there....!!

Great car in the right hands can keep up with a lot of tasty motors. Yes its driver dependant but hey Marks a good driver so why not share his accolades.

Cranners flat now Mark...!

Whooped plenty of Gt3s and M3's (Some locals at the Ring, ask Cupcake on that one) Dont know of any 6k 3dr hatches you can get round the ring (2up) in the 8:40's....Again driver dependant but if your a good driver you can have some great fun with most of the big boys toys.

Just had a pm from the guy who owns that Ferrari.

He said he was enjoying his goose pate and caviar at the time you passed him.

Next time you won't be so lucky.

1 potato 2 potato 3 potato 4 ;)

GOLF GT TDI
nice video mate did u pick any speed cameras up with the Origin B2 :), the annoying beeping noise saying your above 70mph or what ever u got it set to:)