ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup vs TOMI MAKINEN

Engles Mummy
On her two front seats it has T/Tomi Makinen written in red on her seats, like a signature. Also IIRC it has tomi makinen edition on the back of the car.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
was thinking bout posting bout mates cars the other day....theres several unbelievables were i live

kid who's my age 22...has just gone from an RX7 to an s2000..his dads not rich..must be on the endless payment on it..lol

another kiddy who's 18 has just got a scooby...daddys boy

and another lad whos a mechanic..must be 20..21 has got an evo 2 i think with facelift evo 4 bumpers..etc..and then a starlet running 320 bhp to...

i don't understand how people do it....lol

Megane225FF
Maz said:
Lmfao ... my mum would kick your ass in more ways than one mate ... :rasp:

The only place he will be taking her is to the corner shop to buy her a lolly pop :clown: ... wish I could have afforded an evo at 18 ... :dapprove:

Maz :D

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. :eek:
Lovely car's.. if I could afford to run one, I would. :D

Maz

LY 200
RALLYPUG said:
I wanna use your mums car....for a year or two.She can borrow my invisible Cup:)

Errrrrrrrmmmmmmm I think the answer to that would be a big fat NO ... lol

She luvs it too much to let anyone borrow it ... especialy to trade for an invisible Cup :rasp: lol

Maz :clown:

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
she may have a fast car but can she drive it, if shes like my misses then the answer is no lol !!

starlet gt running 320bhp ?? its not still on the 1.3 lump isit ?
i have a friend of a friend whos just put his starlet in for gt4 lump + 4wd its goin to be mental but £6k :|

In between cars
Bloody hell!!
She must be a named driver on it, but thinking about it, you'd struggle to find a insurance place that would allow a 18 year old on the policy!
If she's paying for that all by herself (running costs, let alone insurance) than I propose she's obviously rich enough not to worry about having to work for a living and thus should give up college and concentrate on her "doing lunch with the girls" skills!!

LY 200
Fuckabout, i just got a quote, im 21, got no points, 2 years ncd, 3.6 years driving exp and no accidents to my name.

£2614.00 for 10 months. Lol

Clio 172 mk2
Freebone said:
was thinking bout posting bout mates cars the other day....theres several unbelievables were i live

kid who's my age 22...has just gone from an RX7 to an s2000..his dads not rich..must be on the endless payment on it..lol

another kiddy who's 18 has just got a scooby...daddys boy

and another lad whos a mechanic..must be 20..21 has got an evo 2 i think with facelift evo 4 bumpers..etc..and then a starlet running 320 bhp to...

i don't understand how people do it....lol

I think banks are more than happy to get people into debt with loans....I think that's the answer you may be looking for.

I own my 172 outright....don't owe a f**king penny on it to any bank or finance company which does make me happy....come to think of it, I've never brought any car on finance.

It is a shame to see kiddies in evos and Subarus as a lot of the time they have no respect for the car and drive like a**holes giving the rest of the older, more respectable owners/clubs a bad name.

Rant over:D

oh dear.. the makinen stripes have gone, its got a chavvy shopping list and 'evo' on the front grill, and a big corny mitsubishi sticker..

some cars are just best left alone..

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Neil G said:
I think banks are more than happy to get people into debt with loans....I think that's the answer you may be looking for.

I own my 172 outright....don't owe a f**king penny on it to any bank or finance company which does make me happy....come to think of it, I've never brought any car on finance.

It is a shame to see kiddies in evos and Subarus as a lot of the time they have no respect for the car and drive like a**holes giving the rest of the older, more respectable owners/clubs a bad name.

Rant over:D

So true. Finance has made money worthless imho.

I'm glad i own my 172 outright!

Maz

LY 200
GuyS said:
oh dear.. the makinen stripes have gone, its got a chavvy shopping list and 'evo' on the front grill, and a big corny mitsubishi sticker..

some cars are just best left alone..

Ohhhhhhhh dear yet another comment that didn't need to be made by GuyS ...

Everyone likes different things mate ... if we were all the same life would be pretty boreing imho :approve:

Waitey ... they are rally cars and are meant to look like rally cars ... if my mum was shot at birth I would not be here so I do not agree with that comment one bit ..

surely she can only have 1 years driving exp tops ??

thats cars madness for an 18yr old to own !!!
-fair play if its all her's.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Maz said:
Waitey ... they are rally cars and are meant to look like rally cars ... if my mum was shot at birth I would not be here so I do not agree with that comment one bit ..

TME's aren't rally cars.They are road cars. Yes something bearing a similar resembelace may grace the rally stage but that is as far as it goes.

Remapped derv Golf
JONGSR4 (my cousin) had an Evo 2 at 19 on his own insurance. Cost a bomb though. Then a evo 4 at 21 and it wasn't much more than a Cup.

E91 M Sport
I'd take that Evo6, looks nice from what I can see.

Reminds me of my years at college - there was a guy who had a Fiesta 1.4 with all the bodykit, etc. and admittedly at the time (we're going back a few years!) it was a nice looking car. But unbelievably he decided to pack in the college course because it was either that, or sell the car!

Errr....priorities?! lol

Peddled device
Maz said:
Ohhhhhhhh dear yet another comment that didn't need to be made by GuyS ...

Everyone likes different things mate ... if we were all the same life would be pretty boreing imho :approve:

Spot on,Maz!
Your mums car gives me a lazy lob.....;)

Maz

LY 200
Waitey said:
TME's aren't rally cars.They are road cars. Yes something bearing a similar resembelace may grace the rally stage but that is as far as it goes.

Lmfao ... ok mate ...:quiet:

Maz

LY 200
Was the MAK not made in commemoration of Tommy Mak winning the world rally championship ???

Google !!! lol

Maz :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Maz said:
Was the MAK not made in commemoration of Tommy Mak winning the world rally championship ???

Google !!! lol

Maz :)

Yes well done. Same story with the RB5 edition of the impreza from when the late Richard Burns was king.
It still doesn't make them any more of a rally car.
Renault made the Megane 225 F1 edition to celebrate Alonso's win. Doesn't make the 225 a F1 car!