ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup wishbones

172 cup
Could someone kindly explain the differences between a standard 172/182 and 172 cup wishbone? Is the wishbone its self different or is it the mounting points on the car?

172 Turbo
Wishbone has different position bolt holes for ball joint plus there is a difference in the turini wheel and possiblely the subframe

dan's cast offs.
ball joint is on a different angle.
afik they all come as per cup geometry now when you buy them new.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
The ball joint holes are drilled so as to push the wheel forward to give more castor, the cup subframe has the holes drilled further out which along with a different offset gives a wider track.

If you search on ebay for clio wishbones a standard wishbone has the bolts pretty much in the centre of the end of the arm. The cup arms especially the outer bolt are noticeably further forward. I looked for an example but I'm busy tonight.

It's all been covered on the forum it's just hard to find as the search is unfortunately poo. I find search the site through google works well.

172 cup
Oh b*llocks thought so. Never mind I'll get these returned and have to put another order in with Renault Wolverhampton.
I'm not sure whether or not to polybush my ones on there now and buy two new ball joints or buy two new units??