ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup with Auto Glim

S-Max
Polished the little beast up today, came up quite nice. Any suggestions for a shinier look?

car30dec2.jpg
car30thdec1.jpg

S-Max
Thinking about it no its not, there is another that you can put on after the polish and I think a trip to Halfords will be due for 2-3 weeks time when I next polish

auto glym super resin polish ? i take it you used that ?

did you use the extra gloss protection after that ?

and i would follow it up with a wax, a good hard wearing winter wax like either colinite or meguires # 16

S-Max
so ive got 2 more to try on top of this....:)

Would you do red, then black then gold or straight from leather to Gold?

S-Max
Yeah just red super resin, it took me an hour and a half just to do that....Half a day next time then..

106 GTi
Looks good, only way to get a real difference in gloss and depth and gloss is from the polishing stage. A good machine polish with a decent compound and a nice finishing polish will bring results that trying out differnt sealants and waxes alone won't.

106 GTi
Thanks for your comments guys. Think I will try Meguirs after gold and black auto glim next time around

The black Label Ultra Deep Shine, and the Gold Label Autogylm Extra Gloss Protection are not compatable to work together will lead you to doing process that will either a) not work or b) cancel each other out. Also be wary which Meguiars wax you try and use over the Autoglym as it will do the same.

^Oh be quiet...I sounded good when i said it!

LOL!

106 GTi
Thats the way, build up a few coats of the gold EGP over a few weeks and the depth and gloss will improve and you will get great lasting protection.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
You lot'll wear the fecking paint off

I took a bit more off my rear arch yesterday, reversed into my house :S