ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 diff circlip advise

I've lost drive in a 172 cup. After removing the shaft I found this
03591516c68117bf295064eea2443337.jpg

It looks as if the circlip has snapped? I've looked at my other 172 & couldn't see a circlip just this
c36e65e5806419a9f45cd157de9676f1.jpg

Am I right in thinking that, this 4 bolt part replaces the circlip? As you can buy a aftermarket 8 bolt one. It's just confused me abit.
For comparison here's my cup:
d40207da3f938d170ba69a2f417c682f.jpg

Am I right in thinking I just get the 2 new parts, slot the 1st one in, rotate it slightly. Then fit the retaining washer with circlip pliers & rotate that slightly. Job done?
Thanks

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The 8 bolt item you can buy off eBay replaces the circlip mate. You will need to drill and tap your diff to fit the plate though. In a perfect world you'd split the box so you don't have any stray bits of metal entering the box, so just be aware. If you cover a rag in grease and stuff it around the circumference of the diff you will more than likely get away with it tbh. It's how I'd do it and I know how to strip these boxes down! Lol