ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Discs And Pads All Round!

Car  Renault Clio 172 Sport
Hi all,
Im going to replace Discs and Pads all round on my Clio, can anyone recommend what to put on please? and the cheapest place to buy them from. Im not after paying silly money but obviously dont want to put crappy ones on there.
Thanks,
#CHris
 
Brembo HC's (discs) from GSF or *insert your reseller here*

Standard pads, Renault.
 
As above, but ebc yellow pads. The latest ones works from cold and impossible to fade on the road.
 
I got Tar.ox sport japan & fast road pads all round and they're the nuts, probably eat the pads during one track day but ace for road use.
Dont rate the brembo HC ones after seeing em in action.
 
This leads to my next question, am i best of replacing the ABS drive train? or just remove them from my old discs?
 
Because the ones I have weewee all over them imo?
And brembo HC are not standard fitment, they're aftermarket and I pooed my undercrackers in a car that had them?

Yes if they can get the ABS ring off the old disc then it can go onto the new one, else you'll need a new one from renaults.
You'll also need the rear bearings pressed into the disc.
 
To clarify
On my 172 "rear" discs they had to swap the abs ring and press the bearings in, fronts are straight swap iirc
Not sure about a 1.6
 
phew yeah iirc from my older clio it was just a staright swap, had problems with abs rings recently and dont need anymore lol!

back on topic :)
 
Cheers Fred... Offered £110 and it was accepted...
Now just need to order the pads and front discs.
 
Ive found them BREMBO MAX discs £90 for the pai delivered... Are these ok for road use cause i wont be tracking my clio... I have a GSXR1000 for that sort of thrill!. Also what Pads should i use with these?
 
Most will say these in conjunction with EBC greenstuff are more than adaquet for most of us:D I have Tarox G88 discs with EBC greenstuff ready to fit. If I hadn't got the G88's for nearly half price then I would be putting Brembo Max on mine as i've heard many good reviews on here.
 
Back
Top