ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 doesn't like to start when at the seaside.....salt air???

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
just got back from Cornwall and while we were there my PH2 172 struggled to start when left stood overnight. It was parked in a garage about 50 meters from the sea.

It took about 10-15 mins of cranking the engine before the it finally started. Never had the problem at home (Doncaster). The car is standard except from an induction kit and a stainless steel exhaust. Anyone else had this problem, I'm thinking the induction kit had something to do with it.

Mk5 golf gti
Id clean the TDC as im sure you didnt see everyone else having troubles starting their cars did you? lol

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
no just me....It's happened to me years ago with another car, never had any problems until I went to the coast. Then struggle like hell to get it started.....

maybe it likes the seaside too much? but on a serious note surely the sea air shouldnt affect it that much should it?

Mine was fine when I went to cornwall recently, parked up by the beach a few times.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
it only happened when the car was kept in the garage (which was very close to the sea)...it's got to be something to do with the sea air as it's never happened before and hasn't since (touch wood)....