ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Electric windows !!!

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

OK a minor winge about the electric windows on the 172 !!!

But are they both suppose to be automatic opening or just the drivers side ???

Neither if mine are, which is a bit of a pain when it comes to car park tickets etc ..........

All help appreciated :D

IIRC older 172s had one touch on both sides, certainly on the one I test drove, it was even listed in one of the older Clio catalogues, not to hand.

But my 03 172 is driver side only and the later catalogue doesnt have passenger side listed.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Bum :cry:

Non of mine are one touch !!! Engine running or not !!!

Back to Renault again :cry:

And I trust you mean indicator switch Roamer :confused:

dont think the older ones had one-touch on both - mine is on a Y and it doesnt, and Sluggers old one was on a W and didnt. One of his has it on both though, i think it might be on the diesel - but its down only?? i think ! i will check when its here again if I remember!!!

I test drove a new MK2 172 about 18 months ago and it definately had a one shot on the passenger side, my GF was playing with it. The window! :)

I also found a sales brochure yesterday for the Clio Sport 172, dated September 2001. It states in the Equipment List;

Electric front windows with driver and passenger one-touch facility.

And I dont see why not, my mates old Cavalier has one-shot on both windows!

Thats odd, my MK2 172 definitely had "one touch" operation on both buttons on the drivers side AND the button on the passengers side....

Quote: Originally posted by Sleepy172 on 06 September 2003

I test drove a new MK2 172 about 18 months ago and it definately had a one shot on the passenger side, my GF was playing with it. The window!
must have been a nightmare getting that off the alcantera once the missus made you shoot ;)

mines an 02 plate and only the drivers side window has one touch operation

Must admit, not been following the Swindon meet thread, but it would be nice to get to know some of you. Ill go and read the thread now to find out when it is and let you know.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Right spoke to Renault today !!!

They claim it might need resetting.......

To reset the electric one touch facility, you need to pull the button up for 5 seconds.....

This has something to do with the sensors

I havent tryed it yet, but i wonder if it works on either one or both....