ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine in a 182?

RB 182 FF
Hi all,

Just recently bought my first Renaultsport 182, only had it a month and I've lost all compression in cylinder 3 and have been advised to either rebuild the engine or get another engine put in place, I've rang around a few places and I have been told that a 172 engine would be better to re-fit as they're stronger than a 182? Would I have any problems in changing engines from a 182 to a 172? Just seeking advice so I know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!
Liam

monaco 172
Hi all,

Just recently bought my first Renaultsport 182, only had it a month and I've lost all compression in cylinder 3 and have been advised to either rebuild the engine or get another engine put in place, I've rang around a few places and I have been told that a 172 engine would be better to re-fit as they're stronger than a 182? Would I have any problems in changing engines from a 182 to a 172? Just seeking advice so I know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!
Liam
It's the same engine so not sure why one would be stronger than the other.

Phase 1 172s use a cable throttle but other than that I'm pretty sure they are the same block.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
All the same bar minor differences, mainly on the exhaust side.
Ph1s use a traditional cable throttle which some people prefer and the 182s have a different manifold.