ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Engine vIbRaTiOn

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Currently running in the engine on my new Mk2 172, done approx 540 miles on it, but i cant help but notice that after a good drive when sitting on the driveway the car seems to get a lot of vibration from the engine, is this normal or should i be a bit worried about it? (like i am).

Cheers ppl,

Gaz 2130

Renault Laguna Coupe

If its really hot (normal during running in) itll wobble about a lot. Fear not - perfectly normal. Wait until its run in.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

if you mean it shudders a bit then yeah thats perfectly normal...even my 1.4 does it and I have 36000 on the clock

Yeah, its normal, but man youve done 540 miles, now start givin it some right foot brutality, your car will thank you for it ;)

Do any of you guys get like a husky rattle approaching 3000rpm?? Like its not there when cruising at 3000rpm... just accelerating through the gears as the needle hits 3000rpm it sounds sort of unrefined at that point.. like something is ressonating with it.. like a rattle....