ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exclusive no 141

Hi from a newbie!

Theres a 172 exclusive no 141 for sale in a dealers near me. The guy there was not particularly helpful and didnt know anything about its history etc.

It looks like its been resprayed at some point, does anyone know about this car? A long shot I know...

Whats a sensible price for the above? Y reg 23K

Stuart

They are lovely cars. :)

I wanted one of them or a yellow 172!! Bit different! ;)

Good luck in finding out more!!

thats probably something to do with the fact that they are a proper limited edition which will remain unmolested and never to have 2 more releases diluting the fact that its limited unlike the williams/cup and v6

Also runs and hides:D

Seriously though i was offered 9.5k for mine the other day i only paid that for it 1 year ago. Only available in scarab green mate so if its had a respray you should know about it;) definatly worth the investment

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

Bought my exclusive about 4 months now. Had 40K miles on the clock and I paid £8K for it with 12 months warrenty.

Its in mint condition and Im chuffed to bits with it. Its a proper limited edition so lets hope they go up in value!

Its not just a dark green 172......they have full leather which is nice and a CD head unit + CD changer under the drivers seat.

This one (number 140!!!) is in a garage also and is a lot cheaper, I do think £9500 is steep even though are limited editions and lovely motors:

<SCRIPT language=javascript>var picTest = document.getElementById("picArea"); if (!picTest){ document.getElementById("details").style.width = "85%"; }
2001 Y Reg RENAULT Clio 2.0 16V Exclusive Renaultsport 172
3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 37,500 miles, Scarab Pearlescent Green. Adjustable Seat Height, Adjustable Steering Column, Air-Conditioning, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, CD Player, Central Door Locking, Front and side airbags, Front Fog Lights, High Level Rear Brake Light, Immobilizer, leather interior, One Owner, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear Head Restraints, Satellite Stereo Controls, Alloy wheels, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Full service history, Leather upholstery. one of only 172 made, numbered no. 140, RAC Inspected with RAC Warranty for 6 months(accepted Nationwide at any VAT regd garage) which can be extended for upto 3 years, serviced and motd prior to delivery, HPI Clear www.basildoncarcentre.co.uk 01268 521521 WE ARE NOW CLEARING ALL STOCK IN READINESS FOR THE SHOWROOM BUILDING WHICH STARTS IN OCTOBER. FINAL PRICES ARE NOW PUBLISHED. WE CANNOT ACCEPT VEHICLES IN PX AS WE NEED TO CLEAR EVERY VEHILCE UNLESS THEY CAN BE TRADED ON IMMEDIATELY. FULL FINANCE FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE MOST WITH £100 DEPOSIT ONLT. £7,600.
Basildon Car Centre
http://dealer2.autotrader.co.uk/redirect/rd_ati.asp?http://www.basildoncarcentre.co.uk/_basil.htm target=Basildon Car Centre_website lid=Dealer s Website">Dealer s Website javascript pop_up http://www.multimap.com/p/browse.cgi?pc= SS14+1DJ , multimap ,600,460 lid=Dealer s Location">Dealer s Location

Tel: 01268 521521
Distance: 13 miles
Price: £7,600

[Edited by april on 03 September 2004 at 12:58pm]

You get a cd changer under the seat of all 172s I belive.

I do like the green colour, I like the exclusive wheels too.

I believe the main things are the limited green colour, cream leather and different alloy wheels and the fact that they only made 172 of them of course!! ;)

Oh, for heavens sake! Its just a green 172! ;) The only extras it has are (as mentioned above):

- Full Leather (instead of the supremely sexy leather/alcantara seats on the normal 172)

- CD Head Unit (how will you cope with only the 6 CD changer under your seat? Anyway, without the cassette player your choice of music will surely be limited?)

- Heavier bonnet (the original 172s available around that time had the lightweight bonnet).

9.5k is truly unrealistic, surely?. 8.5k is top dollar and if it has been sprayed and you can see that it has then its (obviously) the sign of a not-so-quality repair and that would devalue the car even further.

Matt

I tried haggling yesterday and went in with £7.5k. The response was not good! He said he wouldnt take less than 9k.

I said that I wasnt prepared to pay more than £8k, and I got told to go away and think about it...Cheeky g*t.

Ill watch it on the forecourt as the price slowly comes down over the next few months!

Thanks for pointing me to the Basildon one, Ill go have a look tomorrow.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

that Basildon car looks very nice from web pics!

buy it stu.... for 7400 - gotta get a few £100 off!

I had a mk2 172 in titanium silver its no way as good as the exclusive.

Before anyone flames me i am in the unique position of owning both so can be unbiased and the mk1 exclusive is loads better. Lighter faster etc.

It had BBS Alloys. im sure the bonnet isnt heavier as its the same part no as all the other mk1s.

Just have a think of other limited editions can you think of, how many that are less than 200? most are arround the 500 - 1000 mark for homologation purposes so being one of 172 is pretty special and worth paying for. Ive only ever seen 1 other excluive on the road i see thousands of silver 172 mk2. Im glad i made the swap, but each to their own.

They built more than 172 Exclusives..

In the UK we got 172 of them individually numbered.. up to No 172

But there are a load of similarly numbered ones in europe... from 173 upwards... :D

Yes and I like mine, but there are two others in town.. :confused:

the 172 exclusive is worth quite a bit more than standard 172s, and definitely more than a cup.

with low mileage on a y reg youd be looking at around 9500.

if its cheaper than that buy it, and take care of it. youll get pretty much the same price for it when you sell it.

the exclusive looks so much better than a standard 172. the dark green is the best colour for the car, imo. wouldnt exchange mine for a 182 in a million years.

incidentally, mines on 2001 plates but wasnt registered first until august 2003. anyone else got anything like that?

Clio v6

Quote: the 172 exclusive is worth quite a bit more than standard 172s, and definitely more than a cup.

Explain how you would get 9500 for an exclusive? and how it would be worth more than a Cup ?

320d M Sport

i got told by a reno employee (who will remain anon, lol) that there was indeed more that 172 made, even in this country!

Cant remember the exact reason but was something to do with the sills being numbered - ie supposed to be unique to a certain reg, when other people with the same number had been buying parts for a different Exclusive with a totally different reg...

Still, nice motors, the green looks ace in the sun, cant see how theyd be worth £9.5k tho?

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

If there is alot more than 172 built why dont we see loads on the road and more people on here having them?

I have only ever seen 1 other than mine and that was on the M5.

Just out of interest anyone know where exclusive no. 001 is?

Quote: Originally posted by missy on 03 September 2004

the 172 exclusive is worth quite a bit more than standard 172s, and definitely more than a cup.

with low mileage on a y reg youd be looking at around 9500.

if its cheaper than that buy it, and take care of it. youll get pretty much the same price for it when you sell it.

the exclusive looks so much better than a standard 172. the dark green is the best colour for the car, imo. wouldnt exchange mine for a 182 in a million years.

incidentally, mines on 2001 plates but wasnt registered first until august 2003. anyone else got anything like that?

Yeah mines on an 02 plate the only one i beleive, sadly the door cills were not fitted with the unique No. so i dont know which it is could be number 1 could be no 173 etc It was owned by renault i was the first memeber of the public to own it though.
Its f**king quick i know that ive driven loads of 172s and this is notcabley quicker its even quicker than my friends cup. Which i thrashed round my local bypass his was superb handling though.

golf

£9500K!!! Id tell he/She to go and take a dump!!!

Mrk1 172 is booking @ less than £7000 so tell him to bolt!

Ive seen about 4 exclusives but have never seen a Yellow mark 1 172 other than in pics...does anyone know how many Yellow 172s are in the uk?

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 03 September 2004

I had a mk2 172 in titanium silver its no way as good as the exclusive.

Before anyone flames me i am in the unique position of owning both so can be unbiased and the mk1 exclusive is loads better. Lighter faster etc.

It had BBS Alloys. im sure the bonnet isnt heavier as its the same part no as all the other mk1s.

Just have a think of other limited editions can you think of, how many that are less than 200? most are arround the 500 - 1000 mark for homologation purposes so being one of 172 is pretty special and worth paying for. Ive only ever seen 1 other excluive on the road i see thousands of silver 172 mk2. Im glad i made the swap, but each to their own.

Just to be petty and (slightly) argumentative... :)

Firstly, I didnt think they made a Mk2 172 in Titanium Silver - thought they were all Iceberg Silver (which looks bluer than the Titanium Silver). Im willing to accept that I may be wrong though (which Im not, BTW ;)).

Im also in the position where I can be unbiased - I dont own a Clio! I can tell you that the Mk1 always felt like it was a little bit more alert to steering input though, and it was certainly my motor of choice...

Youre sure that it didnt have a lightweight bonnet then are you mate? Is that why the original 172s (which only came in Titanium silver) do actually have a lightweight bonnet then? Fact.

BBS alloys on an exclusive... Thats worth the extra couple of grand then is it? On all the other Mk1s you get magnesium-alloy OZs instead. These again are lightweight items. And they happen to look sportier than the BBS ones too!

If your Exclusive is noticeably faster than a Mk2 172 then youre a very luck man indeed! I went on a Trackday to Donington Park and there was pretty much nothing in it at all - it was more down to the drivers skills than anything. The Mk1 had a Filter, Chip, Devil De-Cat and Exhaust whereas the Mk2 just had a Magnex exhaust (to the best of my knowledge). Its worth noting that the instructor that had been in both cars did comment that the Mk1 felt quicker though.

If your point is that its more exclusive because of the limited numbers, have a think about how many original Mk1s are actually available out there. Theres certainly more than 172 of them and they arent individually numbered, but there was only ever a short run of them that came in Titanium silver and had the lightweight bonnet: These were the same spec as the vehicles the press reviewed on the cars launch and they raved about them. Theres a certain amount of exclusivity in that...

Matt