ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exclusive

3 series, 172 Cup
Here potentially for a slating but looking for some advice. I've been offered the chance of a 172 Exclusive, I know they aren't for everyone but I've been keeping my eyes open for something which can be driven but at the same time something which *MIGHT* be worth some money in the future. I've had plenty of Renault's in the past but a 172 has eluded me. Would I be better off getting a 182?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Here potentially for a slating but looking for some advice. I've been offered the chance of a 172 Exclusive, I know they aren't for everyone but I've been keeping my eyes open for something which can be driven but at the same time something which *MIGHT* be worth some money in the future. I've had plenty of Renault's in the past but a 172 has eluded me. Would I be better off getting a 182?
Go view both imo, I have a ph2 172 and always wanted a ph1 until I sat inside one. Standard spec 172 cups are the ones to get imo if your hoping to have something appreciate without getting a trophy

Saying that I do love the look/colour of an exclusive. Just the interior 🤢

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Depends what sort of condition it's in and if it has its standard leather interior and wheels, if it doesn't It would probably not be worth wasting your money on. But that's just my opinion haha.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Would have to be low miles ( sub 60 ) really to be worth anything

3 series, 172 Cup
This is the thing. It's got 130k on the clock, patchy (if any) service history but it is standard. Going to view a local 172 Cup which will probably be my best bet. Plenty of history and well looked after so fingers crossed less headaches!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea that car won't be worth anything, get the Cup.

The Exclusive has always been pretty dorky, got a small following but no-one ever really raved about them.
Unless it's got super low miles it won't appreciate a great deal.