ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhaust options?

182 & Porsche 986
Looks like i need a new backbox as it sounds like theres lots of nails rattling in there lol,
so what are my options for a new one? is it worth just getting a renault one again or is there something better? i dont want it to sound quiet but not stupidly loud either and it want it stealth.

how much am i looking for a renault one? i'm supposed to be getting rang in morning from a garage for a price.

thanks

Ollie's Silver Cup
I've had a K-Tec ss stealth on mine for a few weeks now and really pleased with it :)

Would definitely recommend

182 & Porsche 986
Do ktech only supply the full systems? just having a look on the webesite now

I dont really understand exhausts :(

I'm in the same boat Claire, mine has fallen off! I'm opting for a cat-back K-tec stealth with the silenced centre section if I can find one second hand, as K-tecs prices are a little 'too much' for me...

Ollie's Silver Cup
Do ktech only supply the full systems? just having a look on the webesite now

I dont really understand exhausts :(

All the k-tec ones are from the cat-back I think :)

The stainless stealth one I bought was available with either a straight through or silenced centre section

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have the Ktec Stealth with the "Supersports" centre section, its very loud with a de-cat but not half as bad without. if you wanted a more subtle system though, just get it with the silenced centre and leave your cat on.

Don't bother going for a Renault one, the majority of stainless systems are cheaper and won't fall off as quickly.

The Yozzasport stealth system is designed as a direct replacement in terms of fitment and noise levels but won't fall off like the standard system. According to their website at least.

You're better off with cat-back Claire, that's the backbox and centre section. My centre has just snapped in half because it's old lol.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
it sounds better than the standard dont you think?

But its still quiet, its made to be a standard replacement at the end of the day :) If you want abit of noise, a stealth system and your keeping the cat in just get the Ktec Stealth system with a silenced centre section, they are subtle but still sound nice. Also it only took me and DannyR about 15 minutes to fit my Ktec stealth, was a dream!