ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust Prices....

So, my Ph2 172 exhaust is blowing somewhere near the back. :mad: I can't tell where exactly and it's chucking it down so I'm not going to get soaked trying to find it!

Can anyone tell me how much I should expect to have to pay to have it replaced? parts + labour.

Also, any suggestions where to go in or around Swindon to get it done? If I'm phoning around for prices do I just ask for the price for a 172 back section?

Ta.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If your after the original back box , only Renault sell em , or did when mine dropped off , went to ATS and they had to order it from Renault . They wanted £360

Go for an aftermarket one from stainless cat back , round about £270 fitted , lifetime warranty . You can have one that looks exactly the same as the original if you want , or go for something a little bit different . You can choose the sound and style ofthe back box/tail pipe .

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/dealerlocator.cfm

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If I were you I would have a new stainless steel exhaust system, I would goto a local SS worker though, they're usually cheaper and a 172 is far from having a complicated exhaust system.

yikes! I didn't think the standard exhaust would be quite that much.

I could kind of be tempted with an aftermarket one, but my car is totally standard at the minute and I don't particularly want to affect insurance.

Plus I don't know any places round here that do them - powerflow don't seem to have anywhere near Swindon either.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Then get an exhaust like mine that "doesn't affect the performance" in which you pay a £20 premium extra.

It just has to be insured as a stainless steel full exhaust system, power is for ..... to be honest I don't know what it's for other than fleacing you.

Well, the back box is hanging off now! grr. Stupid design. So I've had to try and tie it back on with some metal wire so I can get it to work and to the garage - hopefully it will hold.

It's going into Renault Minute tomorrow to get a new back section - £160 - not exactly cheap but at least it will be sorted.

Tim, as I said, why bother going to Cardiff when you can go to a local place that will probably do it for less anyway ??
because some exhaust places know what they are doing and some are cowboys - Prospeed have a great reputation on cliosport and other clubs - I myself have a prospeed and think its great - others have had exhausts which have actually lost the car power and various other problems - obviously its your choice but I know I prefer to go places where my car is looked after and in safe hands.