ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhaust

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I have a ECP pattern centre and rear section and they’re both past it. Rattle a lot and back box doesn’t sit right - never has.

I don’t want to spend a fortune and even the pattern parts seem to have rocketed. Before I “have to” bite the bullet on a PMS or Ktec, or even something custom made does anyone have any suggestions?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Cheers. Mixed reviews on these generally and I want a stealth tailpipe. I’m going to look at custom made too as there’s a couple of places locally. Suspect that’ll be a lot more money.

Maybe Ktec is the simplest solution!

Clio Sport 2.0 16V
Few weeks ago I bought Klarius one from ebay, RN903A middle silencer and RN904X end silencer. Fits well, quality looks OK and its pretty cheap even with delivery to Slovakia...
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
  Clio Sport 2.0 16V
That’s what I have at the moment - it’s lasted less than 3 years and the rear silencer sits wrong. May have been the fitting (friend of a friend whose enthusiasm exceeded his skill level).
No problem with fitting for me at all...If it last at least 3 years, for the price I will be satisfied. The most positive think is that this one is pretty quiet for every day driving as many peoples here complained about noise with most of stainless steel "sporty ones"...

clio 172 ph2
Mine has a Inoxcar catback exhaust (as its the only affordable with homologation papers needed in my country)
Im pretty happy with it. Not so loud and it has a nice tone. It drones a bit in the cabin at motorway speeds, but not the kind that makes your ears bleed.
IMG_20200929_193604.jpg

Cheers. Mixed reviews on these generally and I want a stealth tailpipe. I’m going to look at custom made too as there’s a couple of places locally. Suspect that’ll be a lot more money.

Maybe Ktec is the simplest solution!
I’ve got a KTEC stealth with a sports cat, centre box and the back box. It’s a great bit of kit quality wise and it’s ok noise wise when driving round town etc. It is however, a complete joke at motorway speeds. Extremely boomy and far too loud for me.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5