ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 for Scoob

GW Clio 200

yes, i had both, i still have the scoob and not the 172 - take from that what you will

[Edited by beacytan on 19 April 2005 at 7:52pm]

What kind of mileage you covering in it mate? How do you find the running costs compare? Fancy one...flat four throb is calling...but also finding it hard to lose Me cup.

Elise/VX220/R26

I would rather have a 172, based on a normal wrx you get the same performance for a lot less running costs, people dont think your a nob and you wont get carjacked or have to hide your keys so people dont break in your house! Insurance is cheaper the list goes on. Obviously the scoob is more tuneable but are they really that cool these days? Personally I think they have a serious image problem.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

ive wanted a scoob for a few years now, just cant get insured (21) and 6 points :(. i would love to make this change!! fuel would be more expensive as my previous turbo proved!lol but hey....they are a lot quicker lets face it.even uk spec scoobies do 0-60 in 5 odd seconds?!?

Dont get a Scooby, been there done that. Their fun for about a month and then you start to realise that there are that many about. Also you will be sick of the site of Petrol Garages and you will be constantly watching your fuel guage. Fun cars but as someone on here said, "They give the wrong image" The type of people who drive then round here are either Doorman or complete dicks. I would keep my clio any day of the week, its cute fun and doesnt cost much to run. WEHE! Rhymes... you like?!

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Ive had a skoob and a Willy.

Subaru cost me to much to run,but was a good car.The lower performance skoobs dont feel much faster than 172/Williams.Theres only 1500 people live in my town and theres about 8 Skoobs.....& only 1 Williams;)

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 19 April 2005
id prefer an evo anyday but they cost more and more to insure :(that would be the next step after a scooby

They only cost as much to run as the better Scoobys - dont forget the lower turbo models arent a patch on any Lancer Evo.

Id have a sh*t hot Scooby, talking 280bhp plus, otherwise Id be going to a car that I have recently found to be inferior on performance than mine :D... but for the money its got to be an Evo, or even an R32 V-Spec...