ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Front..

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
hi guys! i've been planning to do things to my mk2 ph1 for a while now, got ice, wheels, half way through interior, but ive been looking at bodywork. want a subtle, racing look. it's my first car and im sure illl swop for a 182 when i got some no claims behind me.
was thinkin of transplanting the mk2 ph1 172 front onto it? ive read about later models, that the bumper is wider and you need the wings too, is this true with the earlier model? and if i get hold of the bits will it literally just slot on?
cheers dudes!! :)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yes i beleive the ph1 model still requires the wings etc...

Puttign them on will nto be a problem just fits straight on as long as you have the bits.

I know there are a few companies making f/glass versions of the ph1 front so that you do not need the wings etc...

Prima do a few...

Chocolate Bar™
^ vinny c has a prima racing front on, tbh i dont think he rated the quality was the wrong size if i remember rightly

Mégane RS
yeah i have a replica and its not that good, i also had all the genuine 172 parts but it would have cost quite a bit to spay it all cause of the front, wings and sideskirts so i sold it on

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
yeah, im not keen on replica's, ive generally found them to be low quality, really not a fan of fibreglass. my mate sprays me things cheap/free, his dad owns a garage! :) i'll have to see what i can pick up!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
There was a "kit" on ebay not so long agofor a ph1

Consisted of everythign u needed!!!

Wings, skirts, bumper etc....

Not sure if its about or sold yet? Afew of the race teams have all the old parts left over.

Chocolate Bar™
there was a crashed 172 at a scrappys in nantwhich, clio GB got a load of parts off it. Cant remember whether it was rear end or front although part of me thinks its the front unfortunatly. otherwise keep trying cliospares they sometimes have them in.

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
cheers guys! if i ever get it finished i might wheel it out and show it off!! :) lol

Mégane RS
prima racing were selling the one on ebay, it was there left over parts from the maxi car