ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Gearbox problem

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hi with the engine warmed up the gearbox if proving a problem when changing up from 2nd to 3rd gear. When changing up on the gear change light it takes extra effort to put it into third and things seem to grind. This has just started happening today. But 3rd to 4th on the change up light is no problem and 4th to 5th isnt a problem.

The car is going back to renault, any ideas what could be causing this?

Hi tumbleweed, I had a gear box problem on my 172 mk2. When I was putting it into 1st gear from neutral it was making a clunking noise as if I had not put my clutch in properly. I went back to Renault they changed the oil, no different. Went back again and left the car with them and they said it was a characteristic fault of the 172 as they had two in the show room the same. When I told them I worked for Renault and it was not a characteristic fault, they then fitted me a new gear box (under warranty) which is now fine.

Paul172.