ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 gearbox

clio 172 cup
hi got a 172cup and need to rebuild the gearbox. but i would like to put a 6 speed gearbox box in instead. any ideas on what i could use?
i would also like to fit a quaife differential.
cheers.

RS RIP
hi got a 172cup and need to rebuild the gearbox. but i would like to put a 6 speed gearbox box in instead. any ideas on what i could use?
i would also like to fit a quaife differential.
cheers.

oh my... you've got money to spend ; Quaife differential .. When checking out their pricelist i noticed something; of all carmakes the Clio differencial is the most expensive by far ! More than 1100 pounds for just the part.
Then the box-rebuild , do'nt know how much that will set you back or if it's possible

clio 172 cup
the gearbox has done 40k but is mainly used for track days and i have mainly difficulty getting in and out 4th gear, plus the changes are slow, but cant afford a racing sequential gearbox which is the real answer, so im look for a cheaper alternative from another car. renault megane 6speed box maybe if it fits? if i cant find anything i'll just have to live with it. but im defo going to have the differential done.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Get a gripper diff mate - cheaper and much better!!

Mines on order - should have it in within 5-6 weeks!!

clio 172 cup
not too sure on the ratio or power. something ill have to research. but on the megene it doesnt beat the syncro through changes, thats the main reason im interested.

i'll have a look at the gripper diff. cheers for info.