ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 handling v 182 handling

agree with Loony 100%, however the 182 CUPd is sh*t compared to my 172 with Coilovers, its real skittish and the back end feels dodgy under braking. I get well nervous sometimes when im pushing it. I dont feel in control like i did in the 172.

Smokey

Thanks guys. Getting rid of my 172 to make way for my new 182 with cup suspension. Cant wait they sound class. Never driven one.....

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 05 February 2005

agree with Loony 100%, however the 182 CUPd is sh*t compared to my 172 with Coilovers, its real skittish and the back end feels dodgy under braking. I get well nervous sometimes when im pushing it. I dont feel in control like i did in the 172.

Smokey
Think thats a problem with all standard setups on RS Clios.

I wish I had the money to sort the Cup springs out

Has anyone changed the springs on their 172/182 Cup to Eibach springs? Any improvements over the Cup springs? I know when I changed my springs on my 172 to Eibach prokit, the handling was way better, less body roll and sharper handling.

I went from a MK1 172 to the 182 with cup packs. I am really impressed with the way the 182 handles. There is a great improvement the 182 hold the road miles better.

I often found my MK1 172 had bad body role.

I only had standard springs on my 172 so cannot comment on any after market ones.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

the 182 is a bit nervous in the cold. i want coliovers, im used to a lowered car, dont feel as safe high up

Quote: Originally posted by RobHardyUK on 05 February 2005

the 182 is a bit nervous in the cold. i want coliovers, im used to a lowered car, dont feel as safe high up
Id like to drop mine a bit to be honest but didnt want to mess up the handling.

Audi RS4

I test drove a 182 with cup packs and it felt 100 times better than my 172.More precise,stiffer,heavier?and I also felt more confident in it!I agree with sport 182 that I felt less body roll in the 182(a lot less)I was gutted when I got back in mone,felt like a picasso!!!!