ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Headlight mechanism

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
Hi there,

My clio sport 172 cup has just failed its MOT as the left headlight is not pointing in the exact location/height etc. Apparantly the mechanism attached to the light which you can control from the inside of your car is broken.
Firstly does anyone know if there is a part you can buy that will slot in here so it is in a fixed position to prevent me from spending lots on this mechanical device.

I have been told from Renault that there are 2 types of mechanisms it could be - Helia and Rokwell Valve, both with different prices.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thats what I thought but they are saying that it needs the mechanism in order to stay in place. The other thing is that the mechanism currently isn't there as it has fallen off..however it has remained in place for some time just in the wrong position.

Think I will hve a look at it tonight but was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about it.

2002 Clio Sport 172
It's not a xenon headlight is it on the cup? Mine is a xenon and I adjust the beam from the back of the headlight, on a little white hexagon shape dial which has to be accessed with an allen key. On my full fat 172, the dial inside the car controls the lights on the dash brightness, not the beam adjustment, but assume the cup maybe different?

Gemma

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
you can adjust from inside and ouside on non xenon headlights (these are self leveling) i think from what there saying the the adjust has come out or broken try taking adjuster out and having a look at it.

255 V6 Black Gold
it will be the height adjuster wont it?

inside the cup you got the dial to turn to the right of the ignition to adjust the height of the beam dependant on how full your car is

Thanks for all your comments - I have had a good look at it now.

The mechanical part is missing, so I need a new one. £33 from renault inc vat. This goes into the back of the light and turns untill it clicks in. The shaft on this mechanism extends and pushes something which in turns raises a reflector bit inside the light. I have confirmed all of this on the other side.
However there is something that must be broken off inside the light as the shaft isn't long enough to push this part within the light.

2 options, get a motor and try and lengthen the shaft so that it can reach this part of the light that gets adjusted, or buy a new headlight which has what ever it is in tact within the light.

Renault say £86 inc vat for new o/s headlight, plus i will need the motor which is £33.
Any one know where I can get them cheaper, or recommended breakers??
Thanks