ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 idle with newman cams

172 turbo & BMW 1m
Hi, i have just had a set of cams fitted to my 2003 172 cup
They were re profiled by newman cams to 272.this idle is really lumpy and cuts out at junctions.it has hillpower induction kit and matched inlets.
its not had a remap.

any suggestions on how to solve the idle problem????:S:S:S
cheers

172 turbo & BMW 1m
can you adjust idle to around 1500 when getting a remap done cause idle at the moment is barely keeping the car running lol

Mondeo TDCI 130
It is mgoing to be lumpy anyway!, but with fuel / air properly setup it will be massively improved! speak to paul at RS tuning!

172 turbo & BMW 1m
i was told it was going to be 264 then when i got them he said they had actually been done to 272.

lift number 1 @ btm
the number is the duration of the cam, i think it is the number of degrees through the rotation where the valves are open. with some more aggressive cams you will have both the inlet and exhaust valves open for a short time, called overlap. the standard ecu cannot "understand" this which is why the car is lumpy, the ecu thinks something is wrong and is trying to adjust to suit.

M2 / Golf GTI
I don't know if this is true but I think I read it when I was into my fiesta's that it takes a while for the ECU to learn the new cams? If not remap it and see some gains!!

Clio 172 sport
You need a remap for sure mate.. You wont get the full potential out of the cams without it any how.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Remap is needed for sure, idle can be raised to suit but with them i expect it will never be perfect, also are you 100% sure they are timed in correctly?

Paul

172 turbo & BMW 1m
not sure if they have been timed in properly.i was told you cnt change
the idle on the standard ecu.

megane 285 sport
yeh remap or stand alone ecu depending on how agressive the cams are, mine did the same thing cus i went for a unichip instead of a remap.