ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 in cup blue

TDI tyre shreader

Does the 172 come in cup (light) blue? dont want a cup cos im coming from a 205 rallye and i want some luxury elec windows etc

Ta, Iain

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jones on 26 December 2003

Does the 172 come in cup (light) blue?
Nope, only the Cup comes in light blue mate, the 172 is only available in a darker blue, or you could get a 182 which will be available in a similar blue to the Cup.

Quote: Originally posted by Jones on 26 December 2003

dont want a cup cos im coming from a 205 rallye and i want some luxury elec windows etc
Well I came from a 306 Rallye and the Cup has a lot more toys than the Rallye...

You do get leccy windows, leccy mirrors, central locking, alarm, trip computer, CD Player, etc, so its not as basic as you may think!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 26 December 2003

Nope, only the Cup comes in light blue mate, the 172 is only available in a far superior darker blue, or you could get a 182 which will be available in a similar blue to the Cup.

;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If its a 172 you want get the dark blue, or get flame red which is nice...

Quote: Originally posted by TheRonin_172 on 26 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 26 December 2003

What ever you do dont get a silver one they are common as muck.
yeah they are common because silver is the fastest colour :p
Why do people say that? every one knows that black is the fastest colour!

Would loved to have got mine in cup blue, but alas Im a tart and wanted the leather + CC.

TDI tyre shreader

Well I came from a 306 Rallye and the Cup has a lot more toys than the Rallye...

You do get leccy windows, leccy mirrors, central locking, alarm, trip computer, CD Player, etc, so its not as basic as you may think!
My rallye at the min has a steering wheel, some pedals and a bench!!! very basic the car doesnt have a temp gauge for the engine, i just want a car that has a bit of lux about it and is fast, which i think it does both very well, im also thinking about the 1.6 dynamic, but a hoping for a 172 but may have to go for the 1.6 due to insurance reasons (only 21!!!) and insurance is high where i live. Cheers for the help guys

E36 323i coupe

Yeah... insurance is high in HU postcodes too, but I pay only £500ish full comp, and I have three points!

Mind you I am 25 with 7 years no claims

TDI tyre shreader

i got a quote the other day for a 172 at £3100 fully comp, now that is a joke, im 21 yes, but i have 4yrs noclaims, no points, what is going on, i sware there must be something wrong with that, ill have to shop around!! who was that with Jon1978? Ta

VaVa

I prefer to think of Iceberg Silver as popular rather than common. It still looks nice. But if I was buying a new one now, it would have to flame red.

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 27 December 2003

I prefer to think of Iceberg Silver as popular rather than common. It still looks nice. But if I was buying a new one now, it would have to flame red.
Have to agree on that one, far too many black and silver ones.

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 27 December 2003

Flame Red is gorgeous..........

E36 323i coupe

FAO Jones...

Renault Insurance, mate.

But play them off against one another, and you can make the same company vary their price by around £200!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 26 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 26 December 2003

Nope, only the Cup comes in light blue mate, the 172 is only available in a far superior darker blue, or you could get a 182 which will be available in a similar blue to the Cup.

;)

Nows theres something I didnt expect...a Silver 172 owner admiting the blue ones are superior;)

Regarding the Cup level of luxuries, they are pretty well specd.

You have steering volume control, Climate control, CD player, interior is all there, so its not particullaly stripped out by any means.

Theres not many mod cons youd miss I think, and you could always put a 6 disk changer in if you wanted. The front seats are bland, but comfortable, and who really cares what the rears are like???

You may as well go for the Cup, and save a few pennies at the same time as getting the colour you want, maybe use the money you save to get some 172 seats and a cd changer (plus the Cups are faster!! ;) )