ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 inlet manifold removal.

I get a burning oil smell when I first start the car. Want to take the manifold off for a look for leaks on rocker cover etc. Any one know if I will need a new gasket for the manifold? how much are they? Is the rocker gasket paper or o ring? Also wanna check the breather, anyone know where it is? Any other ideas where oil could be coming from?

Cheers.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

hi if you 172 is a mk1 the inlet manifold gasket part no. is 7700114203 and is bout £3.50, you also need the rubber o ring for the pcv at the base of the manifold bout £1.50, the rocker gasket is rubber. you may find the rocker gasket is leaking nr. the timing belt cover. but there are other people on here who know more bout the clio than i do and have some renault software. they may be able to help you more

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

nah, shouldnt be on the belt, it seems to run down the back of the belt cover and on to the exhaust, well it did on my mates car anyway.

we sorted the leak an he rolled it the next weekend!

Any more suggestions anyone? Whats involved in changing rocker gasket? my dealer tells me there isnt one!!!

Quote: Originally posted by DPA68 on 02 February 2005
Any more suggestions anyone? Whats involved in changing rocker gasket? my dealer tells me there isnt one!!!

Well its not a form of gasket, its a nicely created o-ring seal. Burning smell...Next time you start it turn the air / heater off and see if you still get it. If you only get it when the heaters on then you may want to look near the heat exchange for the heater.