ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 inlet manifold

172, Westfield
Help needed guys I am in the middle of stripping the manifold down to replace with my matched ones but I cant see how the injectors come out.
Do you remove them whilst still attached to the fuel rail or do you have to disconnect everything?
Really confusing me!

undo the 2 10mm bolts holding the plastic fuel rail to the lower manifold, then just pull the rail and injectors off in one peice.

The o rings can be very dry and seized in most cases, a little penetrating fluid helps.

Sorry to Gatecrash your post mate, but i'm looking to get matched inlets :)

Does anyone know if you'd be better with new o rings for refitting the injectors ?

For all they'd cost and avoid leakage. ;)

And are the injectors held in place with the fuel rail ?

And do they push into place held with o rings and retained with the 10mm fuel rail retaining bolts ?

Or seperate ?

And as for the Top bit of the inlet manifold (The RENAULT SPORT one) with throttle body attached to it.

Is there a gasket that needs replaced before throttle body is refitted to new matched one ?

And are you better to use a new gasket where the two manifold halves (The half with injectors going into it and the Renault sport top half) screw together ?

Or will you get away with old gasket ?

Or will it be buggered with being compressed ?

BMW M135i
Sorry to Gatecrash your post mate, but i'm looking to get matched inlets :)

Does anyone know if you'd be better with new o rings for refitting the injectors ?

I'd like to not sure on cost though, depends if/how knackered they were really. If they looked ok i'd leave them.

For all they'd cost and avoid leakage. ;)

And are the injectors held in place with the fuel rail ?

Yes iirc.

And do they push into place held with o rings and retained with the 10mm fuel rail retaining bolts ?

Or seperate ?

And as for the Top bit of the inlet manifold (The RENAULT SPORT one) with throttle body attached to it.

Is there a gasket that needs replaced before throttle body is refitted to new matched one ?

Nope, theres a rubber seal in a slot on the back of the throttle body and it should be fine.

And are you better to use a new gasket where the two manifold halves (The half with injectors going into it and the Renault sport top half) screw together ?

Or will you get away with old gasket ?

Or will it be buggered with being compressed ?

Mine looked fine when I had the upper manifold off to change the spark plugs, left it and its been fine. I'd change it though tbh for peace of mind seeing as they're not that expensive.