ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 instrument panel help!!!!!!!!

Stealth Bomber R26

My year old 172 with 9000 miles went into my local reno dealer today as the trip computer had decided to start resetting itself.

Just picked up the car to be told that they hadnt found the fault so changed out the instrument panel. Got into the car switch on the ignition WTF only 4 miles on the clock.

What do I do now as I dont now have a true record of the cars mileage. My dealer just said this is normal practice :(

Volvo S60 T5

They should make a note in your service book and also you can request an invoice.

Its also stored on Renaults computer systems so dont worry to much.

Stealth Bomber R26

Thanks for that guys would have been nice if the dealer had actually explainrd this to me. What makes it worse is that one of the faults (oil ok not coming up at start up) is still there now just waiting for a call from reno to see what they are going to do next

Stealth Bomber R26

now reading 28miles after driving to work. does this affect the service light. is it supposed to come on when the car is due for servicing

cheers

nope there is no service light on clios will be a pain in the ass having to add the registered milage to you milage already covered to work out when it needs servicing. all a bit toss really, youd think it would store the info on a central control unit and merely use the instrument panel to display it.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

There is a mileage correctional service available in your local auto trader - they charge you about £60 and can reverse or forward the mileage of your car

Stealth Bomber R26

loony

totally agree it should be stored somewhere else and the fact that the oil level indication still isnt working makes me think the faults lay elsewhere in the car.

Oh and by they way this is the first hassle I have had with the car in a year