ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 insurance quote

1.2 16v dynamique
hi guys rite i have a 1.2 16v dynamique but to be fare its mega slow so im lookin at a clio 172/182 but i just been gettin quotes for a 172 and they want 4k :rolleyes: how can this be as im 25 now so thought it got cheaper at this age

Porsche Boxster987S
i think you would need to live in afgahnistan and be 25 to have that kind of quote:S

1.2 16v dynamique
no points or convictions , had crash in june 2005 but i hit a wall and thats it , i was bit shocked aswell

1.2 16v dynamique
i dont understand as my last car was a 2ltr focus that had been modified and tuned up to 162 bhp and my insurance was only 800 for that and my 1.2 clio i have now is 500

how to do it.....i did it and it worked....

keep a small engine car, go with arnold clark insurance, they after first year give you 5 years ncd, at renewal you get the documents through, dont pass them back and ask for proof of ncd as they will say you have 1, the documents have 5 on it, get 2.0 litre, show new insurer your lovely 5 years ncd and your in business, i did this as had been driving on parents cars for years, went from a 1.4 dynamique to 182...

1.2 16v dynamique
umm sounds ok till ya have a crash i think and then it will all back fire as my mate had done something along those lines

well it worked for me and i work in insurance! means 197, 7 years ncd, £350 excess, 3 points £470 fully comp

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
As said . Blackburn is a high risk post code . Thays why i get stung living in Darwen cos of my BB* postcode being lumped in with you lot , lol .

1.2 16v dynamique
lol cheers mrbillyuk hey so ya from darwen were do ya go on meets and things like that, o i surpose it dont help that i live up higercroft then lol

M2 Competition
how to do it.....i did it and it worked....

keep a small engine car, go with arnold clark insurance, they after first year give you 5 years ncd, at renewal you get the documents through, dont pass them back and ask for proof of ncd as they will say you have 1, the documents have 5 on it, get 2.0 litre, show new insurer your lovely 5 years ncd and your in business, i did this as had been driving on parents cars for years, went from a 1.4 dynamique to 182...

You work in insurance and you're committing fraud? Good plan!

To the op, try lots of different insurers, thats silly high for your age. Elephant/ bell were best for me.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I'm 18 and "just to see", done a quote on a 172 which came back 2.5k as a first car and no previous experience...

BMW M135i
I'm insuring a 225 at 20 for less than half that so somethings wrong, got no ncb i'm assuming? And who are you doing the quotes with?

Clio 1.2 Billabong
im 1600 for my 1.2 clio as a first car.

i had a look at confused.com for a 172 when im 18 with 1 year no claims. came back as 3.5k.

although confused isnt too reliable. but chances are i wont have the money for a 172/182 anyway so it was pointless even looking lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As said . Blackburn is a high risk post code . Thays why i get stung living in Darwen cos of my BB* postcode being lumped in with you lot , lol .

I'd rather have the Blackburn postcode of where I work, than be tagged with the Bolton postcode of where I live!

To the OP - are you sure those aren't quotes for a V6 and the insurance people are just being stupid? Even if that premium was for a V6 - that's still sky high.

When you smacked that wall in your accident, you wasn't over the drink/drive limit, were you? Just asking, as I know insurers take a really harsh view on that for the future quotes.

D.

1.2 16v dynamique

I'd rather have the Blackburn postcode of where I work, than be tagged with the Bolton postcode of where I live!

To the OP - are you sure those aren't quotes for a V6 and the insurance people are just being stupid? Even if that premium was for a V6 - that's still sky high.

When you smacked that wall in your accident, you wasn't over the drink/drive limit, were you? Just asking, as I know insurers take a really harsh view on that for the future quotes.

no mate just lost control of car , it was brand new corsa i only had for 3 months so i got the free insurance thing and vx said it cost 3.5 k to repair it .
D.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
go to greenlight insurance im 21 with 1yr ncb and and im fully comp with track cover 900 pound and 150 excess