ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mileage

Leon Cupra

What sort of mileage have you clocked up in your 172 and over how long?? I have had mine 3 months now and just clocked up 2400 miles.

I did my run in(650 miles) in about 3 days, by 5 weeks Id done 2500 miles and now at 10 months ive done 12500miles getting serviced on Thursday.

Leon Cupra

Bloody hell 7K in 4 months do you have to use your motor for work?? Mine stays at home all day and only comes out maybe 2 nights a week and over the weekend.

I use it for work, but I only live about 4 miles from where I work. The milage is because I go out for a drive in the Peaks most nights. I just cant stop myself Have managed to slow it down from when I got the car. Was on course for putting over 50000 miles on it in first year. At least that has dropped to a mere 28000 now!

Rhys

Leon Cupra

Dont want to put anymore than 8k a year on it. Then when i come to sell it in two years time it might sell a bit easyer.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Since the end of January I have done about 1,900 miles and as I only work about one mile from home, my mileage is always low. Sometimes I go the long way round! My last car did an average of 4,000 miles per year, which explains why it always looked new!

Nearly 27000 in under 2 years! Figured that if I was gonna be stung for the depreciation, I may as well get my moneys worth!!!

Matt

GR I think a little 1.2 8 valve clio would be more suited to your needs. Bit of a waste using a 172 as a shopping car.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Baz654, why should I have a 1.2? I have never had a 1.2 in my life! I feel safer with bigger engined cars with good acceleration and anyway I like the interior of the 172! Also I have a hubby who spoils me, just like my dad used to! Had I persisted, he would have got me a V6 Clio!

"Also I have a hubby who spoils me, just like my dad used to! Had I persisted, he would have got me a V6 Clio!"

Bet that makes you feel really good relying on your husband to buy you a car, does it? What do you do in return? in the olden days there were names for ladies like that....:)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Baz654: There is no need for that stupid remark! Actually as we have a joint bank account, I suppose you could say I have paid for it myself. He still spoils me and doesnt need any reward, since you were interested Baz654.

GR7

Shiny red R32

PS Baz, it has got nothing to do with you what size car I drive. I also have a 3litre BMW in case you are interested in that too!

Hmm well...... Ive just has the car for 5 weeks, and its just clocked 2450 miles..... oh and of course it went on-track at Bedford a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like Ive gotta slow down the amount of miles or that 12k service will be happening very soon :-/

-Roamer.

W

wyatt gates

46000 miles wait till you get 36000 miles service painful i.e cost.

GR7

Shiny red R32

You must have been on the road day and night! It would take me three years to do that, and I treat my car with lots of TLC!

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

244 miles (only had it a week). Spent more time so far cleaning and polishing it than I have driving it, 5 hours driving, 6 hours cleaning, this will soon change when my holiday is over.

Wayne do you live in your car? Has it been moded for space travel as you must be getting close to Mars with that many miles in under two years?

S2000

Lol been to the moon and back

I use it all driving around for work. Or at least I used to until I bought an N reg Astra for work last week. Thats only got 53k on it for godsake.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Yes GR I do like a polished car, it always makes me feel good when you see a perfectly mirror polished surface. Neigbours think Im mad I have been known to clean my cars in the rain if the urge takes me.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I also wash my car in the rain if the roads are muckyish, as any dirt is very easy to wash off. My neighbours have been tormenting me for years, but my car is always shiny and quite a few here have company cars and just take them to the car wash. I wouldnt be seen dead in a car wash! You cant beat a gorgeous shiny black car!

172 & LCR

7000 since Dec last year and enjoyed every minute and its had 2 oil changes already got to look after the lump if you want to thrash it around.

Ford Fiesta

whatever car might have I dont think d worry about the mileage. You have bought the car so you might as well enjoy it. Look after it and even if you sell it with high mles at least you have had your moneys worth