ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mk1 problems

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I was just wondering (yep its late but I cant sleep because of the heat) what sorts of problems people have had with their mk1 172

Rattley passenger seat, exhaust buzzing (centre box replaced), my alternator belt came a bit loose, and i suppose the there are a few chips in the paint at the front, but nothing too noticeable. Touch wood its been good for a while now and im really starting to trust it (famous last words?)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well reason Im asking is because Im looking to buy a 172 and the one Ive found seems to be a good deal but I just wanna check out the obvious before I tell them to AA check it, but then again, maybe I should just make them AA it and save me looking too

yes i have had no problems with mine , i too had a squeaky seat and on cold mornings ocassionally sounds like one of the belts loose but it only lasts a couple of seconds but if the car is ok that your looking at my advice is to go for it.

vice - just the normal rattles, buzzy exhaust (resonator replaced under warranty), knock from front suspension (sorted out by RenSA), fuel pump cover under back seat came loose and a lot of dust got in (replaced), plastic trim around windscreen came loose.