ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Mk2 - trade-in value

Anyone care to suggest a reasonable trade-in value for my Mk2 172 against a 182 Cup? Spec as below:

Reg 09/2001 (51), one owner, 17K miles, iceberg silver, FRSH with supplying dealer, full 172 spec, Supagard, exc condition.

Mods: Eibach Prokit springs, Hillpower Group N ECU.

Cheers, Gareth

Ziel Nurburgring

Misread it, trade in your looking at around £6-6.5k. Thought you were selling privately

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 03 March 2005

Most dealers wont like a car with mods for a part ex.
My dealer took my 172 - it had the Hillpower ECU, Eibachs and a Magnex.

Cant see the problem - can provide the original springs and ECU if they wanted (cant reuse the Group N on another car anyway). Not like the cars been devalued by having an ironing board bolted onto the hatch or something.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 03 March 2005

Check parkers, but around £8K if your lucky?
haha ive got a mint 53Reg MKII 172 with all the gadgets and some extras and the most ive got quoted was 6.5K !!! its only 18 months old FFS i could get 8k private but who wants one now there are 182s for 10k and soon 8k no doubt. but dont expect the cheapest 172s to be in good nick.

just traded my 172 in against a 182 cup, it had no service history, needed new passengers door and had been keyd across the boot. got £7700.

well pleased with that.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 03 March 2005

haha ive got a mint 53Reg MKII 172 with all the gadgets and some extras and the most ive got quoted was 6.5K !!! its only 18 months old FFS i could get 8k private but who wants one now there are 182s for 10k and soon 8k no doubt. but dont expect the cheapest 172s to be in good nick.

How many miles on it? Cheapest 53 172 within 40 miles of me is just under £10,000, most expensive is £11,500.

The newest 172 I could get for £8,000 is an 52 plate with around 20k on the clock.

Bring it down to Wiltshire and make a fortune, this is of course the area where my local Renault dealership has 182 demonstrators with 3k+ at £14,000!