ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Or 172 Cup

Pug 306 GTi-6

Been on autotrader and theres some fine examples of 172 Cups, one with only 27k on the clock for 7k!

What would you get if you had the choice of a 172 or Cup? and reasons please

Thanx
Baz

Pug 306 GTi-6

cheers m8.

looks like a 172 for me then. much cheaper than a 182 and the insurance for me is a main plus as its cheaper.

I like my toys too so the cup probably wouldnt suit.

Other opinions welcome tho

i had the same dilemma a couple of months ago. i bought a mk2 172, not a cup. yes the cup is obviously quicker but in real life day to day driving, the mod cons of a non cup make it the wiser purchase imo. if youre gonna do track days go for a cup, if not get a normal one.

Thats why I got a normal 172, cant imagine driving 50 miles a day without some of the comforts of air con etc...

But its what you want it for. I dont think anyone can tell you what is the best car for your needs unless they know what you are going to be doinf with it (they are so close), but its up to you to decide what your needs are.