ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Or 182

SOON
HI IAM NEW ON HERE AND I JUST WANTED SOME HELP?I HAVE A PROBLEM I NEED YOU R ADVICE BASICALLY IAM LOOKING ON GETTING A CLIO SPORT 172 WID CRUISE BUT I ONLY WANT IT IN THE ICEBERG SILVER COLOUR?BUT LATELY I WAS THINKING OF GETTING A 182 I TEST DROVE A LIQUID YELLO 1 AND LIKED IT AND LIKED THE COLOUR BUT IT PRICEY?I WANT A 182 COZ IT WONT LOSE VALUE QUICK UNLIKE THE 172 WHICH IS DROPPING ALL THE TIME?IF I GET A 182 I WANT IT IN BLACK BUT STILL I REALY WANT A ICEBERG SILVER 172?SHOULD I GO FOR 172 WID CRUISE OR SHALL I JUST GET A 182 IN BLACK?MY PRICE RANGE IS 8000 MAYBE BIT MORE?HELP NEEDED WHAT SHOULD I DO OH YEA IDONT LIKE THE SILVER IN THE 182 ?:dapprove:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the 182 price will drop just as quickly as the 172 price, if anything I'd say you are better off getting the 172, as the 182 will end up losing you more money, you would be better off saving the money and keeping it, or spending it on extras for the car. With your budget you should be able to get a mint 172 with low(ish) miles and change.

M140i/Orange 182
welcome when i got my 182 i never looked back...both great cars though, the choice is yours!

PS stop shouting!! ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with R20GRC the 182 has started to drop now, and will continue to with the new MK3 RS coming out later in the year.

I also have a Mk2 Silver Clio.

SOON
THANKS GUYS I WILL BE GETTING COILOVERS FOR THE CAR AS WELL AND I ONLY WANT 1 WITH CRUISE I FOUND A COUPLE OF 182S FOR AROUND THE 8000 UPWORDS WAT SHOULD I DO MATES I CANT MAKE UP MY MIND:rasp:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
maybe i can help you make up your mind :) :

R20GRC_16s.gif

R20GRC_17s.gif

lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
liquid yellow's my favorite clio colour, they are beautiful and different, unlike silver...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with Mark

The only thing i would say about the 172 in silver is that i think the 172 wheels suit a silver clio, but i also like the look of the silver 182s with the anthracite wheels.

Liquid yellow 182
Get a liquid yellow 182! They're the best, colour is beautiful!! I love mine, costs a bomb, but so worth it!

Mégane RS
Yeah, i love the colour of Titanium but not so much Iceberg, no offence anyone, also with the launch of the new clio the Mk2's prices are dropping all the time

MarkCup said:
I'm confused...why does silver work on a 172...and not a 182?

Apart from the wheels/seatbelts/headlights...they're identical cars...

I can see I difference in the silver between 172 and 182 and much prefer the Iceberg that the 172 came in - IMO the 182 silver colour (titanium?) is more 'ordinary', if you know what I mean (no offence intended!).

Still not as nice as Monaco Blue though ;)

P.S. Turn the fecking caps lock off

Red Clio 197 F1
LUV THE FIRST PICTURE AS WELL, oops sorry caps lock on :)

182 in silver doesn't look so good but your 172 looks sweeet!

Not as nice as a Phase 1 in black with all the Phase 2 Cup trimmings though;-)

Golf R/Leon FR
hey dude welcome to the club, id go for a 172 as you wont be loosing as much money as the 182.
good luck with the car hunt

106 GTi
I'd get the newest car you can stretch to. If your planning mods the 172 makes sense I guess. But those on here that have owned both full fat 172 and 182s have said the 182 is a better car to drive - something to think about if it's staying stock.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
iv also got a 172.its not much different than182.they are both losing price! you could proberly pick up a nice 172mk2 for 5!then you could get alot of extras! coilovers?nice pipe?throttle bodies?get the 172! iceberg silvers what i got.love it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
liquid yellow 182 with MK2 172 wheels, remember that french dude on here with them, looked the nuts! (his was a french MK2 172 which came in liquid yellow over there he also added recaros then later wasted it imo with anthracite turinis)

cliors43yp1po.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
I'd get the newest car you can stretch to. If your planning mods the 172 makes sense I guess. But those on here that have owned both full fat 172 and 182s have said the 182 is a better car to drive - something to think about if it's staying stock.

I agree with r-jay . If your keepin it standard get the best one you can for your money 172 or 182 . But as you say your gonna bein some mods i'd look for the best full fat 172 your can find , don't forget not all the 172's have cruise control so you'd have to do a more specific search , imo opinion crusie control is somethin you won't use that much anyway . As to the colour , i don't think there is a bad un , they all look good when they've just had a wash n polish especially .

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
MRBILLYUK said:
they all look good when they've just had a wash n polish especially .

MrBillyUK !

Some colours just need the above alot more often than others!

I have a 172 but if I was buying onee I would get a 182 with Cup Packs - the extra spoilers and wheels etc are worth it - plus it will be newer, have more warranty left (important with renaults!) definately have cruise control (only the very latest 172's had crusie) plus 10bhp more etc. Mine is silver and I know what you mean about the 172 silver being better than the 182 but I would have had a 182 in either inferno or the dark blue (like the 172 cup roughly) - good luck deciding

FF Arctic Blue 182
Ally said:
I can see I difference in the silver between 172 and 182 and much prefer the Iceberg that the 172 came in - IMO the 182 silver colour (titanium?) is more 'ordinary', if you know what I mean (no offence intended!).

Still not as nice as Monaco Blue though ;)

P.S. Turn the fecking caps lock off

Ordinary??? This looks tha bomb!
P1010024.JPG