ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1 beast!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
right im not braggin or anythin i really am not. but gotta say how impressed i am by this clio 172 ph1.
ive had it since feb and had hardly any probs. just had to get timing belt done at 72 and only repairs have been track rod ends in almost 10k miles.
i have had loads of gtis and sport cars and i always get some nugget askin me 'how fast have i got it to?' etc and ive alwasy just said dunno 120 i guess cos i prefer acceleration from lights rather than flat out speeds and dont wanna lose my licence.
but i just got addicted to keepin foot down tonight on motorway and it got to 140 no probs and still had a bit to go.
ive had a 328 sport b4 and could never be arsed gettin up to that speed but the clio still felt solid and stable at 140 and im shocked.

how good are these cars?! especially for the ££££

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
yes of course. my dad owns manchester airport and i borrowed the strip for 10 mins.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
and doesnt use much juice either i think. but i was used to a 2.8 b4.
only thing that i find gay is the price of parts from the dealers when i have to use em (ie: pain in the arse handbrake cable).

yours must be a special one then, because my Ph1 172 is gutless after 130mph... sure its still accelerating, but its nothing to shout about.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
must be special then. its still accelerating yeah. not tearing up the speedo tho but still goin.
this isnt a 'my cars the next land speed record' holder, im sayin im impressed by a 2.0 clio that can get up to speeds like 140 without feelin like it was gonna fall to pieces

yours must be a special one then, because my Ph1 172 is gutless after 130mph... sure its still accelerating, but its nothing to shout about.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
for a 172bhp car it isnt bad after 120mph, but i guess its what u compare it to. compare it to a lambo yeh its s**t slow compare it to a 2.5-3.0 then you can say you know what this isnt bad for a 2.0.