ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ph1 choice

I think the yellow is very cool, although the exlcusive is also really nice and a bit different (internally etc)!! lol Not much help I know!! I would be making exactly the same choice if I could afford one!! lol

[Edited by april on 31 May 2004 at 7:12pm]

im making the same decision at the moment mate. Id go for the exclusive if ya can find one. Think about the yellow one... everyone on here would appreciate the car and understand why its that colour... but joe bloggs wouldnt, therefore selling the car on would be a pain in the ass.

The exclusive has more toys too :D

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 31 May 2004

isnt it Sunflower Yellow, Scarab Green? I may well be wrong.

I think you right on that.

Personally i would go for the green exclusive.

Yellow all the way

Looks better and green cars are unlucky.

My parents have had 2 green cars the first was a Volvo which the handbrake failed and went though the garage door.

The second is there new Forester which even though is only 7 months old has a had a huge stone chip in the windscreen (need replacing) had the wing mirror smashed off as well as being driven into a wall scaping the paint of the bumper and having loads of stone chips all over it.

Hmmm....about green being unlucky...never really believed it before, but I have had 3 accidents in my life and 2 have been in the last four months in my green clio which Ive only had just over a year, including the first one that is my fault!!! :s Worrying!!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

eddes got a point

my old GREEN 306 was written off twice in its life, scratched on a wall and was hit by a metal bar!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Theres not that many of either about is there?

depends if you going to mod it much as well. IMPO I dont think it would be right to do too much to the exclusive.

Well, Im not really the moding sort and have been extremely restrained in keeping my Williams 100% standard.

Id love an Exclusive and a Sunflower 172. Time will tell.

nooo dont do it, its ure pride and joy

remember- car takes presidence over everything and u wont go far rong!

[Edited by S2 PTH on 01 June 2004 at 11:05pm]

personally id stick with the willy too. Im only thinking of a 172 cos there are bugger all MINT williams still about for sensible (5k) money.

ya know it makes sense!

But the 172 will be more economical, comfier and more practical. Hell be able to actually park it and drive it without the worries of putting on too many miles !! Get a 172

CTR EK9 turbo

Id go for the yellow one (although my g/f hates yellow), over the exclusive. Really hate the Austin Princeses leather seats in the exclusive and not keen on the colour/alloys. No offence intended to exclusive owners, just dont like them!

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 01 June 2004

Er..

I think the model you are looking for is "Williams"
explain! was it bcoz i didnt put williams with a capital W!?

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 01 June 2004

Er..

Eh?!

Ben was on about which model 172... I simply said "Williams" - meaning, get/stay whatever with the Williams.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Yellow 172 for me benny boy - I know your standardness and I just simply dont like the exclusive alloys - the only reason id have one over the other..

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 01 June 2004

Er..

Eh?!

Ben was on about which model 172... I simply said "Williams" - meaning, get/stay whatever with the Williams.
ofcourse! sorry totally missread the sitution!

get the exclusive!

ive spotted people staring at mine in carparks at race tracks, its a rare one too so its going to keep its value better.

as far as i know mine on 30,000 is worth as much as an unregistered new 172 cup so its got to be the wise choice.

plus yellow draws attention to yourself - not smart when theres police about that are desperate to book boy racers..!

go for exclusive -

the yellow may be harder to re-sell and the exclusive is well....exclusive !!! lol

you dont need to grab more attention to you when driving a yellow clio.

personally the yellow is an aquired taste (not mine) but i would go for the exclusive out of the two.:)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I have loved the sunflower yellow since the day I laid eyes on it so that would be my choice...also green, and full leather arent to my taste, much prefer the leather / alcantara mix