ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1 lights on a standard ph1??

1999 Clio Alize
I have just bought myself some of the twin headlight 172 ph1 lights thinking (wrongly) that they would be a direct plug and play replacement for the standard lights on a ph1...

Instead of me just selling them on again, is there any way of altering the wiring of my car, or fitting the standard bulbs into the 172 lights??

The two problems are that the main beam has three connections on the standard lights, and only two on the 172's, and the sidelight just doesnt seem to fit in the hole provided...

Any ideas people?? Anyone done it before??

A well built VW
Its quite easy i did it on mine and im sure i used Daves guide just needed a few splitter wires (was 5or 6 yrs ago lol)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Where abouts are you from mate? If you happen to be local, I'd be more than willing to help you out, I've done it before a couple of times, very easy when you know how, and tbh with that guide its hard to go wrong.

Just make sure you totally understand what you are doing, and it'll become a lot easier.

1999 Clio Alize
cheers guys, appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm a fair way away from sidcup, in King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 :(