ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ph1 Struggling on startup

Hi people,

I was wondering if anyone could guid me on what could be wrong with my ph-quick.

Recently on startup my 172 has been a bit rough. Once started up on idle after a second or 2 the revs drop and often die and stall or sit at a low level where it seems to be struggling (around 500 revs).

This has been doing this for a month or so but with it due the 36k service i assumed that would be better after the service. Well the service came and went and it is no better.

It has also just returned from a cam belt change and I dont know if it is a coincedent but it appears to be worse. Now sometimes when you go to pull off there is a flat spot that you have to rev past before pulling off. This seems to only happen when you first get in and then after a moment or two it is fine.

Doesnt really cause me any probs but I want the car to be running perfectly. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Kev

Vectra :(
Coilpack? I would check all the sensors etc mate, also anything that could be blocked/split etc