ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Phase 1 alarm

Uk standard cars have Cat 1 alarm (cobra) and imobiliser.

Imports often have alarms fitted but will have the cat 2 imobiliser as standard.

Clio Mk1 172

Its a french import but its a uk spec vehicle. I was just asking this because my mate has a phase 2 172 and he has motion sensors inside his car but i dont seem to have any in my phase one....would this indicate that there isnt an alarm fitted???

Mines an EU import and it has the standard Renault Cat 2 immobiliser and an aftermarket Cat 1 Laserline 996V3 Alarm.

Car has the motion sensors mounted and a receptacle (over-ride) located near the cigarette lighter.

Clio Mk1 172

It looks like mine only has the immobiliser fitted then. Would it be possible tha it may have an alarm fitted but without the motion sensors??

Quote: Originally posted by Deano172 on 10 November 2004

It looks like mine only has the immobiliser fitted then. Would it be possible tha it may have an alarm fitted but without the motion sensors??
Why would you not want as much protection as possible?

Clio Mk1 172

What i meant to say was could my car have a standard alarm aready fitted even though there are no motion sensors to be seen?

Check it, open your drivers side window, lock the car, wait 30 seconds and stick your arm in, if the alarm goes off you can assume that you have an alarm.

Quote: Originally posted by Deano172 on 11 November 2004

What i meant to say was could my car have a standard alarm aready fitted even though there are no motion sensors to be seen?
Now I get you, its very unlikly that if you dont have extra lights ie by the gear leaver or sensors on the door pillars that you will have an alarm.

Just do the sinple leave the door open and lock the car then open the door and sit in and try and start it if you hear the alarm then you have one.

172beast

My mk1 172, UK car has motion sensor thingys at the top left and top right of the windscreen/pillars. As far as I know, all UK ones came with alarms, imports didnt