ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 phase 2 won't turn over, 120a fuse blown

Golf 7R
Hi,

My clio 172 started yesterday after not being started for a couple of months, then it stopped and wouldn't turn over.
I did some investigation with my multimeter and found that the 120a fuse has blown so thought I would use some jump leads to bypass the fuse to see is it turned over which ended with a huge spark and the jump leads trying to melt themselves to the terminal:/

I am not sure what the 120a fuse protects and am at a loss what has blown to cause the short, any help most appreciated.

PH2 172
Hi,

My clio 172 started yesterday after not being started for a couple of months, then it stopped and wouldn't turn over.
I did some investigation with my multimeter and found that the 120a fuse has blown so thought I would use some jump leads to bypass the fuse to see is it turned over which ended with a huge spark and the jump leads trying to melt themselves to the terminal:/

I am not sure what the 120a fuse protects and am at a loss what has blown to cause the short, any help most appreciated.

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/starter-fused-cable.719315/

Golf 7R
Thankyou for the link, I am concerned that the new starter cable/fuse will blow once installed. I initially tried jumping the car but got the same sparks which were big enough for me to check I had the cables on the right terminals.

Ah, just re-read the link, I'll check the cable isn't touching anything when I get home

PH2 172
Thankyou for the link, I am concerned that the new starter cable/fuse will blow once installed. I initially tried jumping the car but got the same sparks which were big enough for me to check I had the cables on the right terminals.

Ah, just re-read the link, I'll check the cable isn't touching anything when I get home

Renault do sell a fused link, but you need to make some modifications.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...k-Connector-CAL2-New-8200177920-/182028310416