ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 phs 2 probs

clio 172 phs1 turbo
hi guys iv got a clio 172 phs2 2002

enginespec...
74000miles
ram air air filter
powerflow cat back with decat (fitted recently)
matched inlets

and its bugging me lol. long story short bought it on the cheap as just a weekend track toy, with a few probs eg oil leak, brakes, suspension, tyres etc (easy simple stuff) any way sorted that stuff out, but now when i look at my live data and check lambda (precat) its very irratic and not a smooth switching motion like it shoud be and some times stays lean or stays rich then goes nuts a gain. so iv done the usaul common faults new front and rear lambdas, cleaned throttle body, new map sensor and checked all the other sensor eg crank, cts, intake temp, but they all read fine. iv now decatted it the other day and noticed that when i looked at the after cat lambda reading its stayed the same 4v reading that its suposed to have? but i thought when you decat, the pre and after lambda reading would switch the same as theres no cat to change the signal? any way i made my own loom up and bypassed the engine harness from ecu straight to lambdas but still no reading? im i right in saying the after cat reading should switch aswell when decatted? is there a quick way to test the injectors to see if there opening and closing properly?

any help or pointers would b great
cheers tom:)

clio 172 phs1 turbo
o yeah it idles fine but with a very slightly lumpy idle, drives fine, rag it and its fine just s**t on fuel £20 gets me bout 40-50miles on a eco motorway journey