ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 phs2 problem

clio 172 phs1 turbo
iv got a friend whos a dyno/mapping guru and he dyno'd it recently and it had a healthy resault with 171.2 bhp and 149.3lbft with only ramair induction and powerflow catback (as far as im aware thats the only mods engine wise), and 72400 miles on the clock which we was quite happy with, but said the fuelling was high. so i got it home put my diagnostic computer on it and the upstream lambda wasnt switching properly (the reading was spiking and not switching smoothly like it should). iv changed the upstream and down stream lambda, cleaned out the throttle body, changed the spark plugs, and cleaned the map sensor, but still have the random spiking on the lambda reading! has any one had this fault? or has any 1 got an idea what i can check? theres no fault codes, it starts and drives fine with out faults, its idles slightly lumpy but thought that was just because of the cat back. its just over fuelling and ripping through my fuel even on a eco drive (eg £20 gets me 90ish miles before light comes on)

any help would be a big help and would be much much appreciated:D

I wouldn't belive that RR printout it could happen but unlikly. Any dyno/mapping guru should be able to find the issue

I'd have a look at the ecu fuel trimming. Could be a faulty injecotor.

Ive no idea the price of petrol but at £1.30 thats about 27mpg.

Where exactly was the fueling high though throught the whole rev range?

clio 172 phs1 turbo
i know its hard to believe we was expecting 160bhp tops! we didnt really go into it in detail about fuelling probs because he was really busy and didnt have the time to check it out.

but we did think either injector or poss its already had a flash map not a proper remap. which would explain the higher power then we thought.

the fueling was going up and down throughout the rev range, then going very rich above 5k+ with a couple spikes going lean and rich through out the rev range and quite noticable spikes wish i could upload a pic to show, but cant find my link cable for my camara:banghead:

clio 172 phs1 turbo
i did check that and seems to be working according to my computer, but did clean the terminals any way. i checked it when it was cold and had the same degrees as my hand held thermometer (if thats spelt right?) and had the same reading as it got hotter, so iv ruled that out lol. the only thing that doesnt work on the car is the outside temp gauge. it read about 30 degrees when it was like 3 degrees this morning, that wouldnt affect running would it?
thanks tom

clio 172 phs1 turbo
might have found the problem, started the car this morning and heard a little rattle, jacked the car up gave the cat a tap and it sounds like a bag of nuts and bolts in there, so need a new cat/decat. but still didnt show up when i was looking at the downstream lambda reading?