ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Project finally finished!

Nippy white cup

needs the spoiler to keep back end down when cornering at 150mph! Well only if he gets some red harnesses Eh;) Adi !!

H22A7 Accord Type R

Very Nice matey!!!! 1.6 16v...where ya been man???? I passed your car the other week, flashed and waved only to see you mum driving it!!!!! woops lol!!!

Rob

Quote: Originally posted by Mitsi on 30 June 2003

...but its still a 1.2!
Maybe pretenders father could get hold of a sneaky 2.0 16v engine. Seems to be able to get his hands on pretty much everything else!

That is a seriously well done car. Ive seen so many cars on here ruined by crap bodykits (which I refrain from commenting on so as not to rain on anyones parade, BTW!). If youre going to do that sort of thing to a 1.2, then you might as well make a good job of it!

Renault Laguna Sports

In reply 2 mitsis quote, but its still a 1.2! Not everyone can afford the insurance on 172s and the like. Its not all about how fast you can go, surely its about being individual & making your car look how u want it to.

S2 106 Rallye

Cheers for all the comments lads, good to get fed back an all!

Thing is BaBOo, if I got a Cup spoiler over the Koncept, then it would be just another cup spoiler, I didnt wanna just have a Silver Cup at the end of it!

Oh and the whole thing about 1.2s.....Insurance!!! Im 21 and so group 3 insurance compared with group 16 sounds a whole lot better to me! Lol, good luck to you if you can afford it is what I say!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

im gonna have to pull my finger out and build a MK1 version

Pretender, How much has your insurance gone up after the mods? I also work for renault and a month after the mk1 172s were released, i got hold of all the parts to turn a stardard 1.2 into a 172 for my mates son, and his insurance went up from group 3 to a group 6 this was because the insurance company said it was desirable to thieves as it was identical to a 172. Paul172

S2 106 Rallye

Yeah I can see where your coming from. Im still with Renault like I was last year with the free insurance, they charged me *about* an extra £400 in total.

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Quality workmanship, dont do anymore to it though cause youll ruin it and you wont get your money back!

S2 106 Rallye

There 17" Superleggras with a 60mm drop on PI springs. Front looks slightly higher now due to wider front wings :( but hey makes it easier for a set of 18s in the future! lol

Nippy white cup

Like the wheels m8. Darker alloys look much better, mine are the same at the moment but thats just brake dust!:D

S2 106 Rallye

Yeah bloody dust is a pain in the arse! Thats the only reason I went for the Superleggras cos it doesnt show up as much! :D Lol

top mate simply top nicest clio i have seen in a long time..by the way i am selling my cup skirts next week if anyone is interested

lol@ Cuppy! Are you trying to make it look like a 1.2?! Removing splitter and skirts.....what next? 1.2 transplant?! ;)

S2 106 Rallye

Lol So how come your selling your skirts then Cuppy?? You going for a pair of the K-Tec ones like on Davids?

yeah mate getting them done next week just thought that someone having seen yours would be interested...rhys going for a montego 2.0 transplant next millenium..cheeky git!!! lol;)

S2 106 Rallye

Sounds good, ull av to post some picks up when you get it back, avent seen them on a car other than silver 172s

will do mate..congrats on having a great car..by the way can you dad get cup badges on the pillars fora discounted price..cheers mate

Renault Laguna Sports

CUPPY, the cup pillar badges r only £2.01 +vat retail so i whouldnt get much discount on them, but i whould get down to your dealer and order them quick b4 reno realise how cheap their selling them 4. part no is 7711291177. That price is per side btw.