ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 reg not found - DODGY?????

clio 172, bmw 318is coupe
When the 172 first came out, i believe they were roughly £15k. Jeferies farm supermarket bought shed loads and were knocking them out for around £12k. They pretty much flooded the south with 172's. All imports via jersey or ireland with X as the 2nd letter on the reg.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
But according to the new reg rules, it can only have an X in certain areas, so all imports would have to be registered in certain parts of cities/counties. But will look into that.

Im going with the private plate at first reg or an import. dont forget the V5 wouldnt like new anyway if it had 3 owners but it was only a private plate for the first owner

I was thinking it's just come of private plate so maybe systems not updated yet etc, that's what I meant that it doesn't look new enough. But suppose if it was 1st owner and there was a c**k up in registration of a normal plate maybe.

Is there any well to tell if its had private plate or not?

Jesus. Just get it bought. Import or not.

Mine was exactly the same. Was on private plates and an '04. Only pain I had was I had to ring the insurance company to setup the policy as my reg wasnt being recognised and they didnt list a 172 on an 04 plate. Got the same deal as interweb etc.

172 Cup
THIS IS MY OLD CAR!!!
DSC00159.jpg

3 years I had this, with no problems! So wtf are you going on about!!