ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 SHOCKS POOR RIDE

172 Cup
Hi,

I have just purchased another 172 and the handling seems really bad, always feeling like the back end is swinging out. Could the shocks be on the way out? Its 51 done 50K.

I used to have a 172 cup and the ride was superb, if it required replacement shocks, would the 172 cup stnd reno ones fit (not sure if the bolt spacing is different) or would I need 172 stn ones? Are the 172 cup shocks that much better.

I have read that many people put the Eibach springs on with replacement stnd reno shocks would this be worth doing at same time, I don't want the ride to be harsh as I had a williams years ago that was lowered and was so painful.

Sorry for long post any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

sounds like the shocks dude, mine was the same, repalced the shocks and springs at the same time

alls good in the hood now

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sounds like shock, have a look at them, leaking? New shocks+eibach pro's=awesomeness.

sounds like the shocks dude, mine was the same, repalced the shocks and springs at the same time

alls good in the hood now

opps, posted twice, my bad!! lol

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Cheers, I will check the shocks see if they are leaking. If they need replacing am I best to replace the springs with eibach ones or will the old ones be ok. If the eibach ones make the handling that much better I will go down that route.

Are the shocks on the 172 and 172 cup different and is it worth getting the 172 cup ones instead? will they fit in like for like

Cheers, I will check the shocks see if they are leaking. If they need replacing am I best to replace the springs with eibach ones or will the old ones be ok. If the eibach ones make the handling that much better I will go down that route.

Are the shocks on the 172 and 172 cup different and is it worth getting the 172 cup ones instead? will they fit in like for like

IMO keep with the stock setup

172 cup will fit but realy keep with the right ones cups have a different suspension setup.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My front drivers and rear drivers where both fecked, neither was leaking though.