ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 spare wheel is an alloy!

Silver 172 PhII
I had to change a wheel at the weekend. It looked like the spare/jack/tools etc hadn't been taken out of the boot since the day the car left the factory. When I got my spare out I was a bit shocked to see that is was a standard and totally new 172 alloy! I always thought that spares were just plain steel wheels. Am I just lucky? I know my car was one of the last 172s out the factory (it's date of first reg is January 2004 which is after the 182 came out) so I suppose they could have had a few spare wheels lying around the factory. At least when I sell the car I can replace the one alloy I have kurbed!

Any other 172 owners have alloy spares or is this just a fluke?

2002 Clio Sport 172
Yeah i got one too... its a standard 172 thing.. blinking heavy though when you try get it out the boot, well probably not for you strong people!

Mazda MX5 1.8
i wish renault would give me a alloy spare (just a steel wheel in the non-sport)

probably best to check you have these things before you need them next time ;)
be prepared

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice to know you check your spare tyres condition regularly ;)