ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 spin at Spa

Caterham 1400 Supersport
Hi guys,

Thought you might be interested in this short clip of my first and so far only spin on a trackday.

http://www.aqualifeleasing.co.uk/images/Clio 172 spin at Spa06.mpg

I was filming for individual clients at Spa back in June, and as you can see, it was wet and had been raining hard before hand. The corner I spun is apparantly where everyone spins as it seems a lot more greasy than any other.

I'm filming a modded Skyline GTR and as you can imagine i'm driving hard to try to make the DVD look slightly exciting for him! He had backed away from me slightly before this corner as he could also feel how slippery it was there and had had a few twitches on previous laps.

I held the slide all through the corner on opposite lock with a partial throttle, but didn't increase the lock or throttle on coming to the exit, hence it suddenly grips and spins me round. Thank god I didn't hit anything, had I gone on the grass that would have been it!

Rest of the time the Clio was superb and I had some great little battles on the occasions I wasn't filming. :cool:

Last edited:
  Caterham 1400 Supersport
LOL, thanks mate. Oh yes, I forgot it was a large file, should have made it smaller, oops!

williams and trophy
hmmmmmmm must be your cam mounts....iv only ever spun 3 times..all 3 times ur cam mount in the car.......thats my excuse anyway ;) lol

williams and trophy
well..1 was at brunters....but i was having trouble gettin the mount to stick to the screen.....sorted now btw ;)......so mised that....martin jus caught it dunno where the vid is now tho. will try get the link off him.

the other 2 were at oulton on the rs day....cant get em up on me pc tho....mates copied em from cam to dvd in a dodgy format or summat, so cant get em to run without the disc, or copy the footage to hard drive...will get it sorted

got bout 2 hours footage tho.....+ 1 spin on 1st lap...1 later on wen me tyres were fukt lol

172 Cup
Fishy Dave said:
I held the slide all through the corner on opposite lock with a partial throttle, but didn't increase the lock or throttle on coming to the exit, hence it suddenly grips and spins me round. Thank god I didn't hit anything, had I gone on the grass that would have been it!

You forgot to mention you put on the hazard lights and tooted the horn twice and started chasing a caterham :D

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i love the panic pips when your trying to sort the steering wheel out.

would of looked mint if you had pulled it off!!!

Lee

BMW M2C
I'll have a look at the clip later.

You've got Dai's old 172 haven't you Dave IIRC. That car and Spa don't mix. He did the same when we were over there in 2004.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
2 live said:
well..1 was at brunters....but i was having trouble gettin the mount to stick to the screen.....sorted now btw ;)......so mised that....martin jus caught it dunno where the vid is now tho. will try get the link off him.

click

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
nice spin btw just the one is good going I've probably got at least 10 on the board...

williams and trophy
hehe...was a bit i must admit.

cars nowhere near as quick as it was. but most the cars i pass will be on slow laps, bull at a gate me lol.