ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Spluttering - Rich Fuel Smell - EML Light

Range Rover Sport
As title suggests...

Just went to collect the car from an 'exhaust' company as I know the OMP Group N was going to struggle on track.

So I've had a new larger back box fitted to try and keep the noise down.

Anyway upon collecting it I noticed the EML light kept on, I thought this is strange. After 20 seconds I then noticed the car was idling extremely rough ( As if it had wild cams in ).

Took the battery off, and connected it back and seems to have solved the idling problem.

However its spluttering when driving and the EML light is still on. I struggle with smelling things however my friend says there is a rich smell of fuel.

Any suggestions? Naturally I thought Fuel Pump, but unsure how to test this or is it because we have taken the rear interior out we can smell fuel more?

Coil pack maybe? I'm going to order a new set along with new leads and spark plugs but I have a hunch it may not be this.

Open to opinions? I'm guessing its just by chance this has happened while at the 'exhaust' company as I cant see how swapping the exhaust could cause this.

Car: 2002 Clio 172.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
As you just had an exhaust fitted im going to say the lamda has been knocked. If nothing has changed other than that, it's where I'd be looking.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Dodgy MAP sensor? When mine went it ran like a bag of nails and was pouring unburnt fuel out the back. Easiest way to check is to unplug it from the inlet manifold and plug the hole with your finger to hold pressure.

Range Rover Sport
For anyone else in the future.

BTM diagnosed it as HT leads.

Who ever messed with the car before I bought it didn't fit them correctly and resulted in them being burnt.