ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 steering wheel

RB5 & 172
Hi all, not been on this site for a few years but good to see it's still going strong.

I'm about to re-enter the clio family with Mk1 172 for my wife and have a quick question.

The car she's getting has a worn steering wheel and I want to replace it. Can I change the wheel without changing the air bag and is it an easy job, also rough cost for a new steering wheel (without air bag).

Cheers for you help.

Chocolate Bar™
new from renault i was quoted 250. otherwise gibson&boyne quoted 158 to retrim it in black nappa leather and send it back.

which is why i've gone for a momo one :)

RB5 & 172
£250! Was that including the air bag? Until I collect it I can not remember if you could get the wheel on its own.
Thanks for the info though.

BMW E46 330i Touring
To be honest probably not worth it. It won't increase resale to the equivalent value, and it'll only deteriorate again over the years.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Bitsrus on here could prob sort one out for you. I'd pm him.
You can get a wheel without the airbag and ive heard its not too much work.
The airbag unit unclips from inside the wheel so it can be put back in the new wheel without too much fuss. The rest is just disconnecting wiring and obviously unbolting the wheel from the boss.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
its easy to remove the steering wheel, remember to unclip the airbag unit from the back, don't try and pull it out.