ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Steering wheel

Looks like i'm buying another 172, problem is this one's steering wheel has seen better days. How much for a new one or a decent second hand one?

If you've got one let me know...

Cheers
J

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Have a looky for a 2nd hand one on eBay... or have a snoop or a snipe around CS

My car had a new one. I think it was something like £350 for a new one. Ebay is your friend, but they're not all that common.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
I bought a leather RSi one for my 172. Color match good and more hardwearing than orginal. 200 quid from Renault.

172e.jpg

172 phase2 since2003
more expensive if you have cruz control around £1000 from renault mine's gone bubbly all over !!!!!

RB 182
I bought one off ebay for £170, off a 182 with cruise, got rid of cruise buttons, but now the new ones rubbers have worn through!!!

So ive currently a 182 and a 172 steering wheel with slightly worn thumb grips. Im not buying another, they're shite!!

VaVa
LOL^ I've actually been making a conscious effort not to grip mine too tightly as the thumb grip has gone all loose. It's only a matter of time I feel :(

ive got the one off mine still, right thumb grip lifted slightly but i glued it back and you cant tell.

Rest of wheel is mint, yours for £90 posted inc air bag etc.

i can take a pic if you need to see it

visualize whirled pe
Mine was mint when I bought the car on 69k then at 84k the rim has started to resemble a elephant's wrinkley nut sack. Needless to say I wasnt impressed, untill the exact same thing happened to my gf's ka.

What the hell do manufacturers make these things out of, because leather shouldnt melt should it, or have I (we) just got grubby hands?!

RB 182
Its the sweat on the palms that make them melt, mine hasnt melted, just the thumb grips are made of playdoh

Jus get one 2nd hand, you can get them for as little as £70. (172 Ph2)

Or if you want a different approach you could get an aftermarket one. Quite a few people have done that.

172 phase2 since2003
i thought you could get them new around £300 new, but the guy at renault stated they were £1000 quid ,bloody typical quoteing wrong price glad i didnt get one !!!!