ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to 182 (whats the difference)

Ive got a 51 reg RS Clio 172, and ive seen a lot of 182s around lately. They are nice but what is the real difference apart from the name and the sweet double exhaust?

Is the 182 really 10bph faster or is that just a name?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Please use the search, there are soooo many threads on this.

But imho....

I had an 03 Clio 172 and swapped it for a brand new 04 182 because it cost me £900 to do so at the time.

The difference is more in handling than power, although it does pull harder than my 172 did.

In terms of toys, youd gain cruise control and traction control, but then if you swapped to a later 172 youd have them anyway.

Have driven both and the 182 I have now seems to have

a smoother power delivery from 2 thou on. Cant really tell much

difference in speed at all. Cruise control is wel worth it though.

If only mine worked.......... poxy switch thingy.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 March 2005

my 182 feels a much more "complete" car than my mk2 172 did

oi, donkey nads!! you learned how to drive at last then???

BTW, Main difference = Renault get you to buy another new car ;)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Cocopops-you say late 172,s have cruise control&traction control? I got a 52plate&it has traction control but not cruise control?? Ive also heard that on later 172,s they fitted 182 manifolds. Which could explain why mine seems alot louder as standard than normal!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 March 2005
dont be daft. go play with your saxo with chav fox wheels :eek:P

IMFAO-Thats a bit harsh
;)

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 07 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 March 2005dont be daft. go play with your saxo with chav fox wheels :eek:P

IMFAO-Thats a bit harsh
;)

sos the pasting it would give his car :D

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 07 March 2005

Cocopops-you say late 172,s have cruise control&traction control? I got a 52plate&it has traction control but not cruise control?? Ive also heard that on later 172,s they fitted 182 manifolds. Which could explain why mine seems alot louder as standard than normal!
My 53 plate 172 has Cruise Control.....

Not sure about the manifold business. Is the 182 inlet manifold much different to the 172??