ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 tomorrow

Ad

MK2 FRS

Picking my 172 up tomorrow. H

Agreed to pick it up at 11am. However, after winning a competition in work I have got a interview with one of the senior bosses at 12pm in Blackpool!!(The cars in Warrington about 45miles apart) Gonna try and pick it up early. I booked the day off to enjoy the car!!!

CTR EK9 turbo

Cool! its so nice thinking about it being delivered or in your case picking it up the next day. Building your hopes up and then sitting in the lovely new interior, smelling that new car smell, smiling whilst driving it in the sun. (sorry i sound like Roald Dahl, (Rolf Harris more like)) Then when you get home for some food, youll be reading the manual, how to adjust the stereo, or in the mk.2 172s case- climate control, auto lights..... alsorts!

Enjoy running it in, if you choose to do so. However, the ones that were enthusiastically run in, seemed to yield better bhp outputs when tested. I dont really know how mine was run in, as i bought it with 1000 miles on the clock (probably thrashed), and ive thrashed it ever since and its a flier!

Ad

MK2 FRS

Its got 5k on the clock, a dealer demo so has probably been thrashed. Spent alnight last night driving in it. Its Awesome.

Yep I was there lastnight trying to find out how bits work with the handbook.

Have had my first niggle as a 172 owner, the airbag warning light keeps coming on. I know its just the connector so am not really to worried.

Overall its stunning. I just cant stop looking it at it:D

Renault Laguna Coupe

Nice one. Its worth getting the airbag light sorted incidentally, since the airbag will not deploy in an accident if the light is on. Get them to do both sides while theyre at it.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Cheers for the info, will get them to do both, its booked in on Thurs.

Are the Xenons auto adjusting as I had a dial on my extreme. Its just one seems to point down and the other more horizontal. HAve asked them to take a look at this as well. was just wondering.

Cheers

Adam

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 08 April 2003

Nice one. Its worth getting the airbag light sorted incidentally, since the airbag will not deploy in an accident if the light is on. Get them to do both sides while theyre at it.

LOL.......not much to worry about then. Typical Renault build issue, most 172s have some little niggles, maybe they should be badged Lotus 172? ;) its all part of the ownership experiance! lol.

Ad

MK2 FRS

At the moment the niggles arent bothering me as Im smitten by it!! I have an excellent local dealership who always sort things out first time (touchwood).

Renault Laguna Coupe

There is a dial just to the right of the steerig column, but it adjusts both lights together so if ones different to the other the dealer will need to sort it.

Lucky guy.

My 172 is now starting to really piss me off, the constant rattle, bang clonck.......etc

But follow a bang with a blast and..............smile time :devilish:

I really cant imagen what state my car will be in by the time shes racked up 30,000+_ miles :cry:

Ad

MK2 FRS

I had that on my dynamique/extreme. On this there is only one dial that dims the dash.

172 Cup

"There is a dial just to the right of the steerig column, but it adjusts both lights together so if ones different to the other the dealer will need to sort it."

Thats for dimming the lights on the dash not the headlights. The xenons are meant to be at slightly different levels anyway!

VW Potato

the Xenons auto adjust, dont they?

I only have one dial, one the dims the intensity of the dash/facia lights.

g

CTR EK9 turbo

in the mk.1 theres a a light level adjuster next to the dash dimmer - for when youve got a full boot load of booze or dead bodies.

320d M Sport

mk2 xenons auto adjust, thats for your dash lights that dimmer.

Well donr on a fine choice sir BTW:D

Ad

MK2 FRS

Im sure MK1 172s do have Xenons. Dont all the 98-01 with the twin headlamps have xenons. Had a good look tonight, there is definitley only one dial which adjusts the dash brightness.

Agree, V6 will definitley be more fun , however 4/5seats I need and am pushing the boat out for the 172. I think I would probably kill myself in one though!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

You are dead right about the adjuster - I was thinking of our Megane! :confused: The headlights on the Mk2 172 are HID (not Xenon). No previous Clio models have had these.